Help Fix My Airbrush

Decorating By deijha Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 8:26pm by JanetBme

deijha Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

Recently my airbrush has went from spraying a nice line to splatters when sprayed. I have taken it apart and cleaned it, but it still does it. I even tried cleaning the needle on sandpaper, that didn't help either.
Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need a new needle, or the nossle?
Waiting for help.
Jeanne

4 replies
cakesnglass Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 5

Make sure you check the tip of the airbrush with magnifing glass it the tip is bent you will not get a good spray. Make sure your hose has no leaks or is twisted the air must be free flowing and aircompressor must put out enough air for a smooth flow,they do go bad from overuse. Make sure that when you put the gun back together you looked at your diagram the needle must be pushed all the way forward into the gun before you tighten the screw at the rear of gun. The trigger must have a smooth forward and aft movement (many times not replacing it properly does cause flow problems.) and don't forget HOT HOT water to flow threw the gun to remove and residue from colors. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 5

Also back flush it. Put some water in the bowl, hold your finger over the end and press the button. You will see your water bubbling. You may have some particles stuck that will only get un-stuck by back flushing it. HTH.

deijha Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you so much, I will give all a try.
Jeanne

JanetBme Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 5

What kind of airbrush do you have?

Does the splatter have a direction? Like does it do it to the left or is it just random all over splatters?

If it tends to go a particular way, the needle tip is probably bent that way or there is a crack in the tiny little air cone.

If it is sorta all over random-or sputters them most likely it really isn't as clean as you think. Take the tip and cone off and soak them in windex. Then use the tip of your needle and gently slide it through the cone to push or loosen any thing that might be stuck in the teeny tip. If you point the cone up at a light looking thru the wide end you should be able to see the light. If you can't- blow thru it and look again. After you soak them in Windex, rinse them with water and put it together again. Run Vodka or everclear thru the brush to sterilze it.

Also- if your airpressure is too low, you'll get a grainy spatter too...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%