High Heel Shoe On Cake

Decorating By chocolatestone Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 4:06am by icer101

chocolatestone Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering how you place a pair of high heel boots on a cake. I'm going to be making high heel boots from RKT. Can I place these directly on the cake. I'm a bit worried that the heel of the boot might sink into the cake. How can I keep the boots from shifting or sinking on top of the cake. I will be making a carrot cake. Thanks

3 replies
CakesbyCarla Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:46am
post #2 of 4

Well, I don't know how big these boots are, but I'll assume they're a decent size if you're afraid they might sink into the cake.

This is what I would McGyver up. I'm sure others have ideas too.

First, I would take the boots and lightly touch them to the top of the cake so you can mark where they will make contact.

Then I would take some of those plastic dowels (the hollow ones you can cut to size, not the columns or pillars- I use Wilton's - about 1/2 an inch in diameter) and put it them in the cake. I'd put one under the heel and maybe two or three (depending on the size) under the ball of the foot part of the boot.

THEN, I'd take skewers, put them INSIDE your dowels and cut them so they stick out far enough above the cake to stick into the bottom of the boot without poking out anywhere through the top of the foot. Hopefully your dowels are under meaty parts of the boot, not so much right under the tip of the toe.

THEN, I'd melt a little white chocolate or almond bark around the top of the dowels and on the skewers and then press the boots on top and into place. The resistance of your board underneath will be enough for you to press them down and when they meet your dowels then stop pressing.

That's my two cents anyway. Best of luck to you! Be sure to post pics.

Cake_whiz Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:55am
post #3 of 4

Carrot cakes are pretty firm. So, i don't think your boots should sink. But, if the shoes weigh alot, then i would attach the skewers to the heel of the shoe and stick it into the cake. That way, the boot won't move and i am pretty sure the skewer would withstand the weight.

I also like the dowel suggestion from cakesbycarla.

icer101 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:06am
post #4 of 4

I like both suggestions. I alway use dowels in my top tier if i have anything that is heavy for the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%