X-Rated Cakes

Decorating By CVB Updated 1 Feb 2011 , 5:45am by Kristie925

CVB Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 25

I have been asked to create a naked lady cake. How many of you do this? If you don't, is it for religious reasons or ethical?

I personally don't want to be known for x-rated cakes but maybe I am just being a prude...

24 replies
MissLisa Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 25

Nope, I don't do them. I'm not comfortable with the idea and it's not something I want to be known for.

onceuponacake Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 25

ditto MissLisa's comment

tamiscakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 25

i don't do this as i had young adult children at the time i was asked. and also i didn't want to be known for that either. for me it was both ethical and religion that made me decide on this and i have always stuck with it. i did have someone call and want a plain sheet cake which i thought was odd, but later found out they did the decorating on top , not sure i was a fan of that either as it was still my cake in the end.

Crazboutcakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:48pm
post #5 of 25
Originally Posted by MissLisa

Nope, I don't do them. I'm not comfortable with the idea and it's not something I want to be known for.

I don't do naked, I have done a hooters cake and a chip n dale guy but that's as far as I went. I also don't want to known to do those kinda cakes and it is definetly was embarring to adjust the breasts on the hooters cake but she/ it was covered.

Enchantedcakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 25

I do them occasionally, They have never bugged me but then again I grew up in a very European household that had Greek art (which has nudity) and it was never a big deal. If you are not comfortable making any cake you have the right to turn down the order. I was asked to make a toilet with poop in it for a girl I went to high school with, for her father, I refused, I respect her family and would not want poop to be served. Now if she has asked for a nude cake for her husbands 40th B day party no problem but that is just me.

tracycakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 25

I have done a couple in the past, like 20 years ago, but I don't do them now. It's not something I want to do or be known for. When I get called for one, I turn it down. I don't get many calls for them but recently, I got 3 calls in one week. One of them would have been turned down anyway since they called about 3:00 on Friday afternoon and wanted it the next day.

KoryAK Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 25

I do them all the time. It's a nice change of pace if nothing else and I find them funny.

ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 25

I REFUSE to do a nude cake or an anatomically correct one. I have high hopes of being a some body in the sugar world and the way I see it, it's equivalent to a Hollywood Starlette being smeared in a Sex-tape scandal. I want work out there that I can be proud of, tasteful work that won't make Grandma blush when she sees it. After all I'm not just selling a cake, I'm selling my name and reputation...

Corrie76 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 25

I'm okay-ish with them. Some of them are so gross with veins, secretions, and other too-realistic elements. If someone asked me to do it, I would- but it would be more a fun or cartoonish design and not an anatomy class model. I think pregnant belly cakes are really weird too, as I imagine the hostess cutting into the cake- the image is just EWWWW.

jillmakescakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 25

I do them, no prob for me, but I don't adverstise that I do them, nor are any of them posted on my site (obviously!)

While I don't want to be known for that, the way I figure it is this: The people who order these kinds of cakes aren't going to be offended that I don't advertise them, and the people who would be offended by my doing these kind of cakes won't ask if I make them in the first place icon_biggrin.gif

I have been considering doing a separate business just for the naughty-ness as it seems as though there is a market for them. icon_wink.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:51pm
post #12 of 25

Am I weird, because I have been wanting to do one for a while now??? I think it would be kind of fun. I like the challenge of it.

And like Jillmakescakes said; those who want it will ask, those who dodn't won't. As long as you aren't flaunting it all over the place, it doesn't really matter.

cakesbycathy Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:04pm
post #13 of 25

I wouldn't have a problem doing one, but would pass since I have young kids at home and don't want to have "the talk" based on questions about a cake I made icon_razz.gif

tokazodo Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:14pm
post #14 of 25

I guess I'm a prude. I do not do them. I feel uncomfortable doing them. Birthday Cakes and Wedding cakes are always so celebratory. I can't see the point of doing X-rated cakes.

The cookies that are going around like the male anatomy really bother me. It's like we have no modesty anymore.

You can call me a prude, I'll wear it proud. icon_wink.gif

If it had to be for a reason, then yes, it would be for religious reasons.

Scarlets-Cakes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:25pm
post #15 of 25
Originally Posted by ChunkkeeMunkkee

After all I'm not just selling a cake, I'm selling my name and reputation...

Amen. And besides....I think they're REALLY tacky!

Eisskween Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 11:22pm
post #16 of 25

I don't and won't make x-rated cakes. I'm not a prude by any means, but I feel uncomfortable making sex organs out of cake, and I would also feel uncomfortable making those belly cakes for baby showers. It's just my personal choice.

Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to offend those who choose to make these kind of cakes, just expressing my personal opinion. You can stop sharpening your spatulas and put them away now. icon_wink.gif

ThePurpleButterfly Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 12:17am
post #17 of 25

I've never been asked and def won't ever do one. It's religious reasons for me. I'm a modest mom. Call it what you wish. icon_wink.gif

Crazboutcakes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:01am
post #18 of 25

More power to anyone that chooses to or not too, I guess I am just an old school motorcycling free riding girl and really like to keep somethings to the imagination, and how embarrised I would be if someones grandma showed up unannounced I would be petrified, can you imagine if your grandmother just happened to walk up and took a glance, I have to much respect for the elderly and thier old school ways to take that chance. it's not worth the $ for me.

cakelace Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:20am
post #19 of 25

I have done 2 a male one and a female- one with the t-shirt look. I have one for a friend in a couple of weeks- just like the previous female one I did. I love doing them- fun, easy, low stress.... Interestingly, when covering the male one with fondant- everything just down perfectly- way easier than covering a round or square! The first female one I made was for a 21st boy birthday ordered by his girlfriend. She was late to pick it up and I called her and she said she overslept and would send her father. When he arrived I asked if he wanted to see it- verify they were getting what they paid for. His expression told me he was unaware of what his daughter ordered. So if the orderer isn't picking it up....maybe keep the box closed, next time. icon_smile.gif

To each his own.

Texas_Rose Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:39am
post #20 of 25

I make them. I don't have a business, so I only make them for friends, but for any of you wanting to advertise XXX cakes, leave a few business cards at the local adult video store, especially if it's one that sells favors for bachelor/ette parties. If it ever becomes possible for me to have a licensed home business, I'm going to focus on adult themed cakes.

They're actually easier to cover in fondant than a regular round cake, and the people who request them end up being really impressed by how the cake comes out.

Jeep_girl816 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:23am
post #21 of 25

I would with in limits, mostly waist up, nothing too graphic, no secretions or veins or anything, I like cartoony, more R rated than X. I was actually raised by my Grandmother, who was more liberal that most and made cakes, including boob cakes as she called them, for many male friends and relatives. That's just me though, please by all means don't take any orders your uncomfortable with. You'll be the one looking at it as you make it.

Corrie76 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:23am
post #22 of 25

Here's a site for a bakery in Denver: http://www.lebakerysensual.com/
Adult themed cakes is their specialty, and they do really good business, been around for a long time.
I would just like to warn that you may all throw up alittle in your mouth when you see some of these. tapedshut.gif

lillyd Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 4:36pm
post #23 of 25

I do them they are fun to do and profitable, you can do them without being gross about it. I am known in the area for them and have never had a problem. icon_evil.gif

holliellen Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 9:29pm
post #24 of 25

I was asked recently if I would be willing to do a vagina or vulva cake. There is a local organic store here that is a family business and the mother is a mid wife and they also have a earth friendly adult toy buisness. So I said I would try. It's not really x rated but I dont think I would have too much of a problem doing one of those as long as it wasnt tooo over the top!

Kristie925 Posted 1 Feb 2011 , 5:45am
post #25 of 25

My cousin asked me to do a penis cake for an adult toy party she's having! It'll be my first one! Sex is natural, beautiful and fun, so I see no reason not to do a sexy cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%