How Do I Place These Ribbons.

Decorating By Briarview Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 10:04pm by debster

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:03am
post #1 of 7

I have a cake and the bride wants the ribbons on the top layer to look like this. Has anyone some tips as I am not sure where to start.
Apparently the add attachment is not working at the moment and I was told to add a link. How do I do that? The picture is in my computer. Thanks

6 replies
Briarview Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 7

Here is the link http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z252/Briarview/trinity2.jpg It is the ribbon on the top layer I need to know how to do. Do you take up the side and then down the other side and join. A bit hard to get even when it comes down again. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 7

I think they may be painted (VERY WELL!)

Briarview Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 7

I did think I could do fondant but with black on white it could be a hassle. I'm not sure if they are painted as I have seen other cakes with the satin ribbon going several different directions and it does look so effective but this one she only wants the two.

Briarview Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 7

If I was to use ribbon how would I finish the ends. Tuck them under the cake or a bow over the top. Hope some have suggestions. Thanks

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 7

I did a cake similar to that with tilted ribbons.
I bought satin ribbon....just wet the ribbon slightly and placed
it on the fondant and used my finger to smooth it onto the fondant.
and it stuck all the way round....no problems..
picture is in my photos - on page 3, Theo and Premy's wedding.

Hope this helps!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 7

I've seen tons of those on here, they use thin ribbon. Put a dab of royal icing on it and tuck the end under or put a flower or something on the last piece. That looks like they used fondant or something. I'm doing one soon and I'm going to use the satin thin ribbon. Good luck!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%