I Love My Cricut Mini!!

Decorating By diamonds-and-rust Updated 2 Dec 2010 , 2:15am by luckylibra

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:59am
post #1 of 12

I used my Cricut mini for the first time tonight....super SCORE!!!
I bought it on BF, and have spent the last few days reading every post, and watching utube videos....I had succes with this machine right off the bat...I watched all the utube videos and read all the posts.

I used fondant with a bit of gumtex mixed in...I feel that I had success becuz I FROZe the product for an entire half hour...then afterwards I put the mat back into the freezer for abt 15 min
I LOVE Cricut....I was able to make a FAB-O BD cake for my dh...
take care all

11 replies
ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 6:20am
post #2 of 12

Thanks for posting.... I have the full size cricut cake under my Christmas Tree and I am dying to go at it. I have read up on it and some either love it or hate it. I hope it's the first one. have fun and enjoy!

diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:21am
post #3 of 12

I hope You love it as much as I do icon_biggrin.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 12

Good or you! What's BF?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 12

sorry icon_smile.gif
black friday

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 12

I have a cricut under my tree too. Having read all the posting here I am thinking about returning it.
I'm afraid I won't be able to use it.
icon_cry.gif

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 12

So let me get this straight.. there is now a cricut mini? same thing as cricut, but a smaller version? Is there a big price difference between the two?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 12

I asked if I could return the machine if I was unhappy with it (so many people had problems with it) and I was told 90 days with the receipt. This was JoAnne's return policy.

Which store was your machine purchased?

I'm assuming that if it's been used you still can return it? Or maybe not being that its an item that is used in food preparation? (I didn't even think to ask that when I purchased it)

Maybe someone can clarify?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 12

CakesImake:

Yes, Cricut mini retails at around $220.00 I believe?

But I got mine at JoAnne's black friday doorbuster sale for $99.00 icon_biggrin.gif

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 12

I got my Cricut Cake for $199.00 at Joanne's. Cartrigdes for $39.99.

So you are saying that even if you have used the cricut you can return it to Joannes?

diamonds-and-rust Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 6:09pm
post #11 of 12

Yes, that is what the clerk told me, but I see from your other post that you had success with it icon_smile.gif

You'll have to let us know how you like elegant cakes....I was tempted to order it but I have spent too much on myself already (I have an airbrush coming too!)

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:15am
post #12 of 12

I just got mine in the mail today. I had bought it online from the JoAnn's black friday sale for $99. I have been playing for two hours. Some had mentioned that there is additional software that can be used with it without getting cartridges and I am curious about that. My best friend wants to make a Wrestling cake for her nephews next weekend and we were hoping we could find the logo online and get the cricut to cut it.. Does anyone know if that is possible?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%