New Oven

Baking By VaBelle Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 1:41pm by VaBelle

VaBelle Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 4:29am
post #1 of 3

My husband bought me a new oven this weekend as an early Christmas present. It's one of those double ovens, a small oven and a larger one. I was so excited to be able to make more cake at once. I tested it out today using the smaller oven and was disappointed. The cake on the left came out perfect, but the cake on the right ended up not cooking through. I tested it, but it sunk in and when I trimmed it, it was still pretty wet inside. I tried the bottom oven tonight and my cakes came out fine. I used the WASC recipe both times. Also, my bake even strips were still damp when I pulled them out both times. They used to come out dry and a little crispy in my old oven.

Does anyone have any experience with these types of ovens? Could it just be the oven needs to be worked a bit?

2 replies
-K8memphis Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 3

Is it a Gemini? What kind is it?

VaBelle Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 3

It's a GE 30" Stainless Steel Profile Smoothtop Convection Self-Cleaning Double Oven Electric Range. I didn't use the convection setting because I've never used convection before and wasn't sure how it would effect my cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%