Anyone Work For Publix?

Decorating By TattooMom25 Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 9:37am by JanH

TattooMom25 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to find someone who works for Publix bakery. I want to know the type of vanilla buttercream they use, I know the company is Brill but I don't know the specific type (there are many). Any answers are appriciated

1 reply
JanH Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 9:37am
post #2 of 2

Seems cakequeen50 answered that question in your previous thread asking this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakequeen50

Publix "buttercream" starts from a cube that is a buttercream base. Publix went to Brill and told them what they wanted, Brill makes it but will NOT sell that specific cube to anyone else and they do not make anything just like it. Publix has the exclusive on that recipe. When it gets to the store level, Publix bakers then add water and butter.

As far as the cake goes, Publix went to another company to find the best tasting cake and this company ships in frozen cake to Publix. They bake very little from scratch.
HTH-
I was in the bakery at Publix for over 20 years and saw it go from an all scratch bakery to what it is now. Too bad it had to happen.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=685792&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=brill&&start=15

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%