Do You Or Someone You Know Subscribe To My Cake School?

Decorating By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 6:12pm by sweetflowers

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:43am
post #1 of 11

I happened to luck up on the site and for 30 dollars a year wondered if it was worth it. What do you think?

Thanks

10 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:23am
post #2 of 11

Huh?

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:35am
post #3 of 11

Ummm i don't understand the question???? Can you clarify??

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:48am
post #4 of 11

There is a site called , my cake school.(something like that) the op is asking do we or someone we know pay to be on that site and learn from it, like ymmyarts or other sites that cost you. I have seen that site, but, i do not subscribe to it. hth

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:59am
post #5 of 11

I subscribe to it. She does videos of her decorating cakes from start to finish. I enjoy it, and I have learned quite a bit from it.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:59am
post #6 of 11

Why bother when there are 2331516 posts and articles to read here? All you have to do is learn how to use the search feature in the forums section to find most answers.

And as far as technical skills, many of them are demonstrated on the Wilton website and on http://www.bakedecoratecelebrate.com/ , which I think Wilton also sponsors.

Between them, YouTube, and all the videos and tools available at GSA and through our members, I see no need to spend $30 a year for information that is mostly available free of charge.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 7:08am
post #7 of 11

LOVE Edna on youtube... and of course here help here. Too much FREE stuff to pay $$$ for it.

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:33am
post #8 of 11

Thank you...Sorry i didnt reply back but you all figured out what i was asking.

DianneandBrad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianneandBrad Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 3:51am
post #9 of 11

I have been a subscriber since September and enjoy the video tutorials and her recipes. I also take advantage of all the free websites but I do enjoy her attention to detail in the videos and I have enjoyed her recipes.

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:58pm
post #10 of 11

I tired the Yummy Arts site and cancelled it after the trial period. It wasn't worth the $$ to get the same type of information you can get for free by searching this site or the web.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 6:12pm
post #11 of 11

Everyone is different. Some people need to 'see' the instructions, so a video is the way to go. Others do fine by reading and still pictures (if there are any). It's just a matter of what works for you. Comparing a video site to CC is like comparing apples to oranges, one is written and the other is seen I love them both!

I know Lorraine McKay and Donna Lane also have video for sale (Donna's is a membership site also). I find that most youtube's don't give enough detail (except for a few like Edna's which are fabulous!). And leave out important tips due to time constraints. Also some of the more obscure techniques you can't find on youtube, but that's probably just a matter of time.

Anyway, I say you know what works for you, if they have a trial period, go for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%