Flowers On A Man's Cake?

Decorating By princesscatt Updated 7 Dec 2010 , 3:05am by cupadeecakes

princesscatt Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 8

I had a friend ask me to make a number 40 cake for her husband. She suggested black and silver fancy flowers? It's a cocktail party so I know she wants to keep it simple and nice but I have some reservations about putting flowers on a man's cake...

7 replies
Kitagrl Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:21am
post #2 of 8

I think flowers can be on a man's cake...but maybe it would be nicer to make a black and silver gift bow instead, if the customer agrees?

kathyx1 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 8

I used the Orchard lace flower cutter set (Alarna & Jai's wedding cake in my pictures) which I think would look ok on a man's cake, without the bling of courseicon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 5:51am
post #4 of 8

you mean men dont' like flowers? You mean all the times I sent my hubby flowers for his birthday or the most special occasion of "just because", he really hated them!? icon_surprised.gif

Guys like flowers. Before we were married, he told me there was a contest between him and a lady who worked with him on who got more flowers sent to them. He was in the lead more often.

Let's not be sexist!! Let's not stereotype our customers. thumbs_up.gif

Here's a blog from my very good friend, Tony, who is a professional branding expert on the topic of stereotyping. a very good article ..... http://bebranded.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/are-you-stereotyping-your-customers/

pixiefuncakes Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 6:09am
post #5 of 8

If it's classy and elegant, what about squarish art deco type flowers? She obviously knows her husband and knows that he won't object to flowers.

cakesmart Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 8

My friend also ordered a cake for her husband, and I ventured down this same path - should I put flowers on a man's cake. Of course my husband quickly corrected me and stated men love flowers just as much as women. My husband loves flowers. In fact, he requested roses be added to his birthday cake.

princesscatt Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:51am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

you mean men dont' like flowers? You mean all the times I sent my hubby flowers for his birthday or the most special occasion of "just because", he really hated them!? icon_surprised.gif

Guys like flowers. Before we were married, he told me there was a contest between him and a lady who worked with him on who got more flowers sent to them. He was in the lead more often.

Let's not be sexist!! Let's not stereotype our customers. thumbs_up.gif

Here's a blog from my very good friend, Tony, who is a professional branding expert on the topic of stereotyping. a very good article ..... http://bebranded.wordpress.com/2010/05/06/are-you-stereotyping-your-customers/

I am not sexist at all and I was not stereotyping. My husband likes flowers and decorating and everything else. Doesn't mean he wants them on his cake. From a design standpoint I gave her my opinion, she agreed and loved the cake design we came up with together. Thanks for the article..interesting reading.

cupadeecakes Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 3:05am
post #8 of 8

I asked my husband what he thought about flowers on a man's cake. He said that if he was designing his dream cake there wouldn't be any, but if they were on there he wouldn't be disappointed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%