Steamer For Fondant

Decorating By Gavriela Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm by alleykat1

Gavriela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gavriela Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 7

I am in the research phase of purchasing a steamer for my shop to steam my fondant cakes for that shiny finish. Does anyone have any brands they prefer over others and the price points?

Than k you
Gavi

6 replies
Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know but would like to follow this link please icon_smile.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 7

...me too

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 7

I just purchased one at a black friday sale for $20 at Younkers. (is this even a retailer anywhere else? icon_smile.gif
Haven't tried it yet, but I figure its not something that probably needs to be top notch in order to work. We'll see though!

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 7

I have been wanting to try this.......does anyone know how long the fondant will stay shiny? Just thinking it will dry out at some point.

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 7

I just bought a conair steamer for $20.00 worked great! I used it on a cake dummie that was covered in fondant . It stayed shiny for about 24 hours then i hit it again right before the contest and it was shiney again!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:26pm
post #7 of 7

the cheap ones work just as well the key is to hold it so that the steam head is above the hose so that the condensation runs back down the hose and does not spit out onto your cake...even when the fondant dries it has a nice satin sheen to it..I love my steamer.
I think I paid 25.00 at target for a blue and white conair

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%