A Question For Fellow Canadians

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 1:35pm by cakesrock

DinasSugarShack Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 15

Do any of you know where I can get paper towels that don't have a pattern? I can't find any in canada.

Dina

14 replies
KTB4 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 15

I get friends to bring them back for me. I haven't seen any here icon_sad.gif

FrostingKrista Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 15

I have been wondering the same thing..You used to be able to get Viva towels here, but haven't seen them in years icon_sad.gif Thinking my next trip to the states may involve bringing some back

momto2pottsy Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 15

I'm almost positive they don't sell Viva in Canada anymore. I went to Buffalo last week and got them for about 1.97 at Walmart. I just grabbed a bunch to get me through until my next trip!

MelissaAnn84 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 15

i couldnt find them either, went to buffalo and brought some back. Unless there is some black market viva supply, i think you'll have to cross the border!

pmarks0 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 15

They definitely aren't available here. You have to either do some cross border shopping, get a friend to send them, or order them from Amazon.

kakabekabunny Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 15

I just use the brown paper towel like they use to dry hands in public washrooms. I get it from a local restaurant supply store. Sorry don't know where you'd get viva. Also I've heard that computer paper works well also. Good luck.

kakabekabunny Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:18pm
post #8 of 15

I just use the brown paper towel like they use to dry hands in public washrooms. I get it from a local restaurant supply store. Sorry don't know where you'd get viva. Also I've heard that computer paper works well also. Good luck.

Isacake Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:46pm
post #9 of 15

Thank you for the tips to replace the Viva paper towel. It is not available in Quebec. I will definately try the computer paper, sounds like a good idea.

rainyone Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:35am
post #10 of 15

I've also used those blue paper towels you get at places like walmart or cdn tire... I think they call them shop towels.... in the hardware/auto section.... i actually like them better then the regular paper towels - much more durable

Kailea Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:43am
post #11 of 15

Hi just wanted to add that the Blue shop Towels from Canadian tire contain a chemical in them and are unsafe for use with food......

pmarks0 Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:45am
post #12 of 15

I plan on picking up some Viva paper towels when I'm in Florida over Christmas but meanwhile I use a high density paint roller to smooth the icing and then I use computer paper with a fondant smoother.

lololuvscake Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:45am
post #13 of 15

I`ve never seen VIVA in Canada either. I'm in the Toronto area.

BUT . . . the blue shop towels work great too. You can usually get them at Canadian Tire. They are like a heavy duty paper towel with no quilting. I can't remeber where I first heard this tip, but apparently they work just like VIVA.

Hope it Helps! icon_smile.gif

helenecake Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 2:53am
post #14 of 15

yes,the blue shop towel is unsafe for use with food. I get my Viva paper from Plattsburg NY or Burlington Vt.

cakesrock Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 1:35pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarks0

They definitely aren't available here. You have to either do some cross border shopping, get a friend to send them, or order them from Amazon.

Hi,

I live in AB and get them in Montana when I go down there. I have searched everywhere here and you cannot get them in Canada! Bummer....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%