Flower Former?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 6:48pm by leily

Pickulz Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 6

Do you all use the flower former to give your flowers the curved shape?
I saw the Wilton one today (it was a pack of 8 I think)...they were curved strips...

I also saw some flower former cups...

Which ones do you use?

5 replies
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 6

it will depend on what kind of flowers you want to make, some formers will work, if your piping flowers on wax paper they wont sit well in the cup kind and work better in the tube formers, fondant or gumpaste flowers can sit in any former, even crumpled up foil, apple trays, and egg boxes.

indydebi Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 6

If you're wanting to use the U-shaped formers (or what I call "trough things"), just cut the cardboard roll from the paper towels in half and you have two of them.

leah_s Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 1:36am
post #4 of 6

I think they make the flowers a funny shape. As in a shape that's not natural.

Pickulz Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone!
Paper towel roll slit lengthwise will prob work great for me!!!! Thanks Indydebi!!
p.s. love ur BC!!! Works like a charm every time!!!

leily Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 6
Originally Posted by leah_s

I think they make the flowers a funny shape. As in a shape that's not natural.

i agree here too.... i like to use the egg carton approach. I buy the large 5dozen egg boxes with comes with two flates of the egg carton (a little bigger than 12x12) that i like to use. You can also find something similiar in foam form.

Quote by @%username% on %date%