Anyone Have A Recipe Or A Snicker Filling?

Baking By amyoungbl00d5 Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 1:28pm by sugarandstuff

amyoungbl00d5 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Cake Friends,

I am doing a cake for a friend who is going to be missionary to Papau New Guinea. And She loves snickers so her husband requested a snicker filling with chocolate cake.Does anyone have a recipe?

6 replies
mandyloo Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 7

From the cc google doc:

Nougat (For a "Snickers" cake) - K2Cakes
2 Cups of Soy Milk
9 oz. Soy Marg. (Earth Ballance)
24 oz. Sugar
2 tblsp. Vanilla Essence (or extract)
12 oz. dried Soy Milk powder
*Put the milk, margarine and sugar into a thick saucepan and heat, without stirring, on a low heat until it bubbles and triples in size.
Keep heat steady for 2 min (sugar thermometer, should be 235 F.) Cool. Add the vanilla essence and the dried soy milk and beat till creamy.
Pour into baking trays roughly the size of 48 mars bars and freeze for an hour.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

Sweet_Toof Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:05am
post #3 of 7

If it were me, I would probably melt down some snickers bars and mix through a chocolate ganache... yum! I think I need to try this now!!

p.s. not sure if you have in the States, but here, Nestle sell caramel in a
can called Top N Fill.. I used it in a mud cake last week - I cut the cake in half, spread some chocolate ganache, and then spread some top n fill caramel.. you could always try that too, but add some crushed nuts to the mix.

Let us know how you go icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 7

I would dice up Snicker's Bars and put them into your buttercream.

suzylynn58 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 7

I've never done this, but some diced up Snickers folded into some whipped ganache would be decadent!

infinitsky Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:00pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

I would dice up Snicker's Bars and put them into your buttercream.

I like the idea of cutting snicker bar and adding it either to the buttercream or just layering it between two thinner layers of buttercream. Like filling a cake with fresh strawberries....

HTH

sugarandstuff Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 1:28pm
post #7 of 7

I would use the recipe on this site for Oreo cream and substitute chopped up snickers for the Oreos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%