Does Martha Stewart Cricut Cake Come With Just Her Designs?

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 14 Dec 2010 , 4:06pm by Chef_Stef

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 9

...or does it also include the '700 designs' that come with the basic set in the non-MS Cricut Cake?

I'm getting one, but don't want to order hers and find out it's limited to just her designs and that I have to order the regular designs separately...

any help today would be great--shopping today and tomorrow during sales.

8 replies
Chef_Stef Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 9

Nothing makes me crankier than to ask something and not get an answer, but I guess if no one KNOWS the answer, I can't EXPECT one.

so...being my usual impatient self,

I went ahead and ordered the MS version from Amazon.com, (since it said only 1 in stock), plus I added Elegant Cakes cartridge and extra blades, used my American Express points and got the WHOLE THING FOR $147.00.

So, I guess it doesn't matter what cartridges it comes with; I'll find out soon enough. With my luck, it's just the MS cartridges, but heck, for that price, I don't care.

Merry Christmas to Me. icon_smile.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 9

best of luck I hate mine!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

[quote="Chef_Stef"]Nothing makes me crankier than to ask something and not get an answer, but I guess if no one KNOWS the answer, I can't EXPECT one.

I find that so frustrating too...I hang around a couple different forums, and am sad to say that Cake Central is the worst for this. It's particularly frustrating when you can see that a heap of people have viewed the post. thumbsdown.gif

Anyway, in answer to your question - I'm afraid I don't know...I was curious to see what other's answers were. But I see you went ahead and ordered it, so Merry Christmas to you! (Sometimes the best Christmas presents are the ones you buy yourself thumbs_up.gif )

chloe_52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chloe_52 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 9

This is the digital handbook for the cartridge that comes with the Martha Stewart Cricut Cake

http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/MarthaStewartAllOccasions.pdf

This is the digital handbook for the cartridge that comes with the Cricut Cake

http://www.cricut.com/res/handbooks/CakeBasics.pdf

HTH

sarahcutiepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcutiepie Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 12:16am
post #6 of 9

which one did you buy! i want one too!!!!!

Chef_Stef Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 12:55am
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys.

I got the white Martha version. I will see what it comes with when it arrives around the 8th of Dec, because the MS ad says it comes with Martha's All Occasion Cake designs or some such, but says nothing about it coming with the original basic Cricut stuff...that's what I was stressing about it before ordering, but again, for the price (!), I can't complain, and I love mechanical things, so I'm sure I'll love it.

It's a 'business expense', but it's fun to treat myself to extra goodies like this one. Plus, I said yes to an applique cake for next year that I had to idea how to pull off, and now..voila!--I will have the right tool. icon_smile.gif

toodles

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:28am
post #8 of 9

the martha cake cartridges go for about $90 each on ebay so which ever one you got with the machine will be a bonus. When it was HSN the cartridges were extra i think.

Chef_Stef Posted 14 Dec 2010 , 4:06pm
post #9 of 9

Hi all. My MS cricut arrived, and yes, it does only come with the MS all-occasion cakes cartridge, not the basic one that would be with a 'regular' cricult cake. Just an fyi.

I ordered Elegant Cakes cart to go with it, so I have plenty to play with, though.

And add me to the list of people who LOVE the cricut. I haven't had lots of time to play, but we had to pull it out when it arrived and try it, and it worked perfectly. I'm very excited about using it for cakes next season!

icon_smile.gif very happy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%