Looking For Very Vanilla Recipe

Baking By summerw18 Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 11:27am by Jennifer353

summerw18 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 4:57am
post #1 of 7

For my son's 1st birthday i want to make a very vanilla tasting cake with a very vanilla type frosting. Any recipe suggetions? He will have a smash cake and cupcakes for the rest of the guest. No crisco please! Thank you!

6 replies
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 7

It's just adding a lot of good vanilla to whatever you use, if what you use you like, then just add more vanilla. Really that simple.

frankdiabetes Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:06am
post #3 of 7

My new favorite ingredient is Nielsen-Massey's vanilla bean paste. It adds great vanilla flavor and the specks of vanilla look so good!

Buttercream_warrior Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:32am
post #4 of 7

add french vannila pudding..it gives it such a strong vannila flavor

caymancake Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 6:11am
post #5 of 7

The scratch yellow cake recipe I use gives a really good vanilla flavour, but it uses crisco as the base icon_sad.gif.

The other vanilla cake I use is by doing a slight tweak to the WASC cake - instead of almond, I add triple the amount of vanilla...gives it a delicious vanilla flavour. The best part of it is that it you can dye the cake batter to match your theme icon_smile.gif. HTH

scp1127 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 7:33am
post #6 of 7

I'm with frankdiabetes, vanilla bean paste is wondeful!!! That is all I use in my bakery.

Jennifer353 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 11:27am
post #7 of 7

I made an Oreo cheese cake once which was really really vanilla-y and equally good, that would probably be no good? From memory the vanilla-ness just came from a very large quantity of extract (its all I had but is also what the recipe called for)

Quote by @%username% on %date%