Looking For Very Vanilla Recipe

Baking By summerw18 Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 11:27am by Jennifer353

summerw18  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summerw18 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 4:57am
post #1 of 7

For my son's 1st birthday i want to make a very vanilla tasting cake with a very vanilla type frosting. Any recipe suggetions? He will have a smash cake and cupcakes for the rest of the guest. No crisco please! Thank you!

6 replies
 BluntlySpeakingKarma  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 7

It's just adding a lot of good vanilla to whatever you use, if what you use you like, then just add more vanilla. Really that simple.

frankdiabetes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:06am
post #3 of 7

My new favorite ingredient is Nielsen-Massey's vanilla bean paste. It adds great vanilla flavor and the specks of vanilla look so good!

Buttercream_warrior  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:32am
post #4 of 7

add french vannila pudding..it gives it such a strong vannila flavor

caymancake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 6:11am
post #5 of 7

The scratch yellow cake recipe I use gives a really good vanilla flavour, but it uses crisco as the base icon_sad.gif.

The other vanilla cake I use is by doing a slight tweak to the WASC cake - instead of almond, I add triple the amount of vanilla...gives it a delicious vanilla flavour. The best part of it is that it you can dye the cake batter to match your theme icon_smile.gif. HTH

scp1127  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 7:33am
post #6 of 7

I'm with frankdiabetes, vanilla bean paste is wondeful!!! That is all I use in my bakery.

Jennifer353  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 11:27am
post #7 of 7

I made an Oreo cheese cake once which was really really vanilla-y and equally good, that would probably be no good? From memory the vanilla-ness just came from a very large quantity of extract (its all I had but is also what the recipe called for)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%