Question Need Advice

Decorating By Death_by_Cupcakes Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 6:03pm by Death_by_Cupcakes

Death_by_Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Death_by_Cupcakes Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 6

how many have actually went to pastry arts school i havent done baking for about a year but i really want to get my business back up and running again but i thought about pastry arts school . i know it would be a great thing to do but i cant afford the cost of tuition. so who has went and who hasnt ..

5 replies
Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't but would love to one day. Perhaps when my kids are little bit older.
Since baking is so scientific, it would be nice to know why I have to use certain items and what not. My Wilton teacher was an actual pasty chef, so she did give up tips and advice which I found to be very helpful. Especially regarding technique and proper substitutions.

I think it would be great for you. If time and finances permit, why not?
I say go for it, if you can thumbs_up.gif

preciouspjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciouspjs Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 6

I haven't gone to pastry school, but I too would like to when my kids are older, and maybe i'm a little more financially stable. I'm sure there's alot you can learn.. and not just about decorating cakes. I honestly would like to go to pastry school just as Kibosh said, to learn the science behind it.. that way I can make up my own recipes. Most of what I used now is borrowed, passed down, or found on the internet..

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 6

I went to pastry school spent alot of money and if I had to do it again I would have went to the local community or an arts school that offered it. I did learn lots of stuff that I never knew about baking and I've had the pleasure of working in different environments and now own my business. So decide what you want from going to school then do your research on different school if that's your choice.
Good luck

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 3:16am
post #5 of 6

I went to pastry arts school. It was a wonderful experience. Besides baking science, you also make professional contacts that will benefit you for a lifetime.

Death_by_Cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Death_by_Cupcakes Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks guys there is the la cordon blu and the art institute. Iv applied for a pale grant to help with some of the cost. I really want to get this going icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%