Crimpers, What Design Is The Most Versitile?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 29 Nov 2010 , 3:49pm by brincess_b

cocobean Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 8

I am about to purchase a set of crimpers for fondant. Can you tell me if you have used them and what your favorite style is that you use? Thanks!

7 replies
brincess_b Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 8 i have these ones, think it works for most cake designs where you might need crimpers.

cocobean Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 8

...thanks brincess!

auzzi Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 10:18am
post #4 of 8

Start with these: alternative names are in brackets

they all come in varying sizes ..

Closed curve - serrated or straight [arches]
Open curve - serrated or straight [oval]

Closed Scallop - serrated or straight [double arches]
Open scallop - serrated or straight [figure 8]

Closed Vee - serrated or straight [angles]
Open Vee - serrated or straight [square]

Then either
Straight line - serrated or straight [lines]
Waves - serrated or straight [s-curve]

Then there are ..
heart, holly, bowtie. etc etc

sweetcakes Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 4:38am
post #5 of 8

one of our cake club members did a crimping demo and her demo board is on our clubs face book page, take a look, denton cake club. It really made me want to buy more, they were so much fun to use. I couldn;t tell you which ones would be used most often, guess that would depend on the look you are needing. Where are you looking at a set from??

cheatize Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 8

That demo board is awesome! I saved it on my computer, but I saved it with a name telling me where it came from. Thanks for telling us about it!

Goldberry Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 8

I tend not to use crimpers any more. I have quite a few and I like the heart ones, which I put around the edge of the board

brincess_b Posted 29 Nov 2010 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 8

oh im sure one of alan dunns books, maybe the wedding bible???? has a really good crimping bit too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%