Website Giving Me A Headache!

Lounge By Emmar308 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 12:19am by melon_ball

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

I am progressing from a hobby baker to selling my cakes (not in the same league as some of you gals but maybe 1 day!!icon_wink.gif ), so i decided if i was going to get legal i needed a business name, if i have a business name i need business cards, which means i need a logo, so while i'm at it why don't i go the whole hog and get myself a wee website too??? I'm now sat having written all the easy (ish) bits, with just the HOME PAGE to go....and no matter what i write it just seems cheesey!! 2 hours later i just have a load of scribbled out paper and a thumping headache icon_cry.gif Anyone want to do my homework for me????!!!

4 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 5

Your cakes are amazing. Just keep your words simple and to the point, and let your cakes speak for themselves! Good Luck and conrats!! icon_smile.gif

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 5

Hi there Emmar....same situation here icon_smile.gif I will do yours if you do mine! haha
Just hang in there, you will get it done. thumbs_up.gif

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 5:47am
post #4 of 5

Went through the same thing last year. Hired someone, paid them half ($750) 7 weeks no website, fired that person, by this time the "headache" is a migraine. Did the intuit site, didn't work so good, got to pay a lot extra to find out how to put it together, by now I'm pretty sure the migraine may be a tumor. Went with www.Bludomain.com, the site template $100 (one time charge), hosting $100 for 1 year, domain name $15 for 1 year. A relative put up the pictures and turned "my" story into something and all I'm doing in return is some free birthday cakes for his wife and kids. You probably have somebody you know that is computer savvy that would do that for you. You can check out my site if you would like.

melon_ball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melon_ball Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 12:19am
post #5 of 5

Search for free website templates online. I know some people use Joomla and like it. They offer alot of functionality for free. As for the content on the homepage, keep it simple: List what you do, what your specialty is, the area you service and how people can contact you to place an order. You can look into Google AdWords and see what kind of keywords might work best for you. As far as I know the keyword evaluation is free.
Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%