These Things Dont Happen Overnight!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By noahsmummy Updated 26 Nov 2010 , 8:25am by Bluehue

noahsmummy Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:33am
post #1 of 5

i think i am just having one of "those" days. but i am super cranky.

im a hobby baker, make cakes for friends and family as gifts or for cost of ingredients, anyway, a friend asked me to do a castle cake for her friend due on sunday, no problem. figured out my schedule so it would be done by saturday night ready for pick up sunday morning.

So asked her today what time exactly pickup would be sunday..

sunday? she says to me.. i need it for saturday!

ummmmm... what the??? it is friday afternoon btw.

im so cranky. people just seem to think that cakes just magically appear overnight! that i can whip one up in an hour! ummmm no!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going to be up all night now. i have a 2 year old and am a single mum, so there is NO POINT in even starting to decorate until hes asleep. ive crumb coated and done some prep but thats all i can do. to add to that its boiling hot and muggy. and i hate summer, and im having one of me "claustrophobic" feeling days in my teeny tiny house with even teener kitchen.

i need some air. but turns out i cant even take my boy on our usual bike ride to calm myself down seeing as i have a flat tyre!! grrrr! oh and no gym tomorrow either (gym for me =sanity) because i will be doing this BLOODY CAKE!

ok. sorry for whinging whining vent. but if i didnt get that out im afaird i would have gone on a screaming rampage and then just sat in the corner and cried for the entire week.

hope your having a better caking day then me.

4 replies
kaseyrconnect Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 5:58am
post #2 of 5

Sometimes it really does help to vent. And what better place to vent about cake stuff than a cake forum. I totally know where you are coming from. I honestly think that people who don't do cakes, really don't understand how much goes into the making of it. Of course, sometimes I think they do know, but don't care. I hope that things are going better for you right now. Good luck!

indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 6:03am
post #3 of 5

The conversation you'd LIKE to have:

"Sunday!? I need it Saturday!"
"But you told me Sunday!"
"But the party is Saturday?
"And how are you going to have a party on Saturday when you won't have a cake until Sunday?"

cakelady2266 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 6:15am
post #4 of 5

What is it with people lately? Do they actually think you can pull a cake out of your ear or the sky? I'm blaming it on the 30 minute cake shows.
I once worked with a guy that said something that has stuck with me for years...."poor planning on your part does not constitute a rush on my part."

Bluehue Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 8:25am
post #5 of 5

When the day cools down - put bubby in the pusher and go for a walk around the block - 10-15 minutes of outside time will do you the world of good - AND REMEMBER TO BREATH.

Hopefully the cake isn't due until late Saturday - and when you deliver it - tell your friend - YOU STUFFED UP.
Whilst she sleeps tonight - you will be standing - so tell her - your mixup became my nightmare.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%