Kiwi Green Icing

Decorating By cutiepiecakes Updated 11 Dec 2010 , 2:21pm by Elcee

cutiepiecakes Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 6

PLEASE HELP! Need kiwi green icing for a cake this weekend!!! What colors can I mix to even try to get this color - it seems to be getting VERY popular around here, expecially for weddings and 1st birthdays! LOL!

5 replies
CakesbyCarla Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 12:22am
post #2 of 6

Kiwi?...hmmm....sort of a dark lime green? What about starting with medium kelly green and adding a little yellow? I've found adding yellow to green makes lovely shades of lime. Maybe you could play with this to achieve your kiwi?

Alternatively, you could start with a lighter green, say Wilton's Willow Green, add a bit of yellow and then add regular green to darken?

I'd plan on making a batch of frosting ahead of time and playing with colors...

Elcee Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 6

Kiwi green must be the "in" thing right now. I just received a swatch yesterday for a wedding cake I'm doing in a couple of weeks. I'm going to start playing with the color this weekend. Based on the swatch, I'm going to start with a light juniper and add yellow, I think. Please post how you end up doing yours!

cutiepiecakes Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 6

OH DEAR! That was an experience - after "wasting" nearly a whole batch of icing I definitely say begin with the juniper green and then I lightened with lemon yellow until I got the shade I preferred. icon_smile.gif In the end it all worked out great!

Elcee Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 6

cutiepiecakes, I'm so glad it worked out! I'll definitely go with my instinct, then, and use the juniper w/ yellow. How on earth do they come up with these color names? Based on the swatch I have, I would not call this color kiwi icon_smile.gif.

Thanks so much for the update!

Elcee Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 6

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone does a search for kiwi green icon_smile.gif. The juniper with yellow wasn't what I was looking for so I used juniper and a little electric green and it was a much better match.

Quote by @%username% on %date%