A Mixed Themed Cake

Decorating By azizanicole Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 4:49pm by azizanicole

azizanicole Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to make a mixed theme cake with the following concepts, 1. Ciff Richard, 2. RHS flower society and 3. The Millers Football club shes a fan of.

Now the cake is for a woman in her 50s and the boss of a big company so i dont want the cake to appear childish but i have no clue on how to pull the the ideas together.

I have looked on the web for individual cakes, with themes based on the the above but i am struggling to find any at all that would blend.

Any thoughts on how i could do this??
the help would be much appreciated.

2 replies
Manderly42 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 3

Okay, this is what I would do:
Three tiers:
BOTTOM TIER would be the Cliff Richards theme - edible images of him around the sides (try to keep the colors monotone or even black and white, fondant microphones and records in between. If you don't have an edible image printer, maybe you can draw an album cover on gumpaste and attach to the sides.

TOP TIER would be the Millers Football club theme. make a football and a jersey in the team colors out of fondant and make a slightly larger football helmet as the topper.

MIDDLE TIER would be the flower society. This tier will bring everything together. Start with the flower society logo or name on the side. Then use an array of flowers, mostly around the middle tier, then cascading down to the bottom tier, coordinating colors with the cliff richards photos as well as cascading up to the top tier, coordinating flower colors with the team colors.

HTH as it was all I could think of that would bring all these very different thems together!

azizanicole Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for that idea, i hadnt thought of making a tiered cake lol i was just thinking once scene that incorporated everything on top of the a single cake.

Everything i will be making will be by hand as i dont have access to an edible printing machine as that thought did occur to me when i sat down to have a brain storm. Records and albums sort of thing.

I keep coming back to the thought of a mini cliff richard but i am not great when it comes to modeling faces. So i am trying to think of what could be related to a cliff theme and the double decker bus from summer holiday was mentioned.

I will jot some more ideas down and see how it goes taking on board what you said. i really am greatful for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%