Emergency Help!!!!

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 1:16am by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 8

I ordered hi ratio shortening from a company trying to make sure it will get here before thanksgiving and I usually get my order within 2 days from company anyway the order didnt come I wont get it until monday and now I have no hi ratio shortening, can someone please tell me where I can buy shortening with trans fat to make this icing I make Edna's buttercream recipe, I need to get to the store tonight the wedding is saturday I want to start decorating friday. So can someone PLEASE tell me what is the best shortening to use and where I can find it Thanks!!!!!!!

7 replies
Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 8

Most generic store brand stortenings still have the trans fats in them.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 8

I did a Wedding Cake in July, and couldn't find hi-ratio either. I used IndyDebi's recipe with Crisco and it turned out magnificent. I would think that Crisco would work just fine with Edna's as well. HTH.

Kat

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 8

I've never used this hi-ratio everyone talks about, but I do use crisco and butter (2parts crisco to one part butter) in my BC icing. I've never paid attention to transfat but I would guess that butter would add the extra fat you need. HTH

uniquecreations Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 8

tank you all so much I am off to the stores you guys are awesome!!!!!!

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 8

I think it will come out fine. Just use the cheap stuff! Kroger's brand of shortening is really really white.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:37pm
post #7 of 8

I read somewhere that you should check the label for at least 2g transfats. I use either the Meijer or Walmart brands, which have 3g.

uniquecreations Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 8

I was wondering how much trans fat needed to be in there so thanks for letting me know I went to Food Lion and they had their brand and it had 3 grams of trans fat and it was on sale so I got 5 of them, so I am so thankful for all of your help!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%