Roses

Decorating By Savybee Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 4:45pm by Savybee

Savybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Savybee Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 10

I am having a hard time doing the roses. icon_sad.gif Anyone have any tricks or tips? I have only tried 3 or 4 times. I have practiced but its still very hard. any tips?

9 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 10

Welcome to CC! Are you talking about icing roses or fondant?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 10

you will really need to post some pictures too so we can see where the problems might be. but keep practising!
xx

Mika0201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mika0201 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 10

If you're talking about buttercream roses it could be the consistency of the icing or the positioning of your bag and tip.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 10

there are many buttercream rose tutorial on youtube.com. and also wilton.com. click on rose video. i teach these at michaels and always tell the students to go to wilton site and youtube for more help.hth

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 10

Hi savybee, welcome to CC.

Click on link below. Its the "how do I forum" You'll find a lot more help there, than this magazine forum.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forum-14.html

Also, heres one of many youtube videos on making buttercream roses.
Good luck and have fun! thumbs_up.gif

Savybee Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 3:25am
post #7 of 10

Wow thanks everyone. I have one question. When i comment on someones cake, and then they comment back. How do i know they commented back? I will make roses soon and upload pics. I made some halloween cupcakes as well. Those were easy. Its frosting roses.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:32am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savybee

Wow thanks everyone. I have one question. When i comment on someones cake, and then they comment back. How do i know they commented back?

You won't get a notification if they comment back on a pic. Some of us (me included) if I reply to a question on one of our pics, will send a PM to the person telling them "I replied to your question". not all do.

If you're looking for a comment back, you might go the PM route so you'll be notified.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:50am
post #9 of 10

Savybee it just takes patience and practice......hang in there and wecome to cc..check youtube for tutorials on buttercream roses too

Savybee Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 10

Alright thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%