Wilton Black Turns Green On My Gumpaste?

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 24 Nov 2010 , 10:29pm by tavyheather

ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 5

I have done this several times, but my black turns like an army green color when added to my gumpaste! I am using Wilton products, even the Wilton edible marker turns green when writing on the gumpaste. Has anyone else had this happen? Why and how do I make it BLACK not GREEN?

4 replies
kimma1299 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 5

I had the same thing happen to me. I bought non-Wilton gumpaste and used the Wilton black and it turned green. I asked the lady at the specialty store why that was so. She told me when not using Wilton gumpaste, you need to use Color Craft coloring or another brand to keep the color true.

indydebi Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

There appears to be a color imbalance in the primaries. See my post on this thread.,.... http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-703115-.html

ConfectionsCC Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

So I am assuming that the quick fix would be to add some red to the mix? But what about when I am writing with an edible marker? It still turns green even with the marker...should I stop using the wilton brand everthing? Know of a brand of makers/gumpaste/ and food coloring that wont green so easily?

tavyheather Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 5

this happened to me, but my choc MFF or MMF? anyway turned dark green when I added Wilton black to it.

Maybe Americolor is better? I know it's been better for me in coloring royal...

Quote by @%username% on %date%