Help!!! What Should I Charge??? How Do I Ship???

Decorating By CrumblesConfections Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 11:59pm by CrumblesConfections

CrumblesConfections Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello CC family. It's been a while, but I see lots of you on Facebook now! Yay!! I made some rum balls (for the first time, I might add) for work today and they were a HUGE HIT!! So much, that a coworker requested 2 dozen so we can ship them to our Dallas office. Well first of all, there was no baking so I know I can sell them. Secondly, HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE???? I see sites that are selling them for like $26.95 for a 1/2 dozen!!! I don't want to do that. I want to be reasonable, but still get paid for my labor. I don't know if I should charge for the entire order or per rum ball. And lastly, what is the best way to ship them? I hope this is the right thread to post this. Thanks!!

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 4
Originally Posted by phoxphire1

Well first of all, there was no baking so I know I can sell them.

What does this mean? Are you saying you can sell food products from an unlicensed/uninspected home kitchen as long as it isn't baked?

cakeville82 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 4

It's not just baking that isn't allowed it's the selling of any food (both prepared and not prepared i.e. raw meat and vegetables) product meant to be consumed by people.
Sushi isn't baked and you can't sell that from home.

CrumblesConfections Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 4

Well, that's that! I won't do them then! Man, I was totally misinformed! That sucks eggs! I knew I could count on my CC family to put me in check!

Quote by @%username% on %date%