Epson Nx420 For Edible Images???

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 9:46pm by icingimages

mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 9

I just picked up the Epson NX420 from Target for $45. Do you recommend this for edible images.

8 replies
Ambar2 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 9

how do you do edible imges anyway? Ive always wondered about that...

mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 9

I usually just buy mine from a local cake decorating supply place, but since I found this printer so cheap, I wanted to do my own. You can load a new printer with some ink cartridges that are filled with edible ink (food coloring), load a sheet of edible sugar paper, and print.

I just hope the printer I bought is compatible with the cartridges, or I will have to continue to spend $12 a pop!!!!

icingimages Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 9

I do not sell the ink cartridges for this printer. I am not a big epson fan. I love the canons because of the removable printheads. You may be able to find the inks elsewhere, but I personally do not recommend the Epsons. I heard you can Best Buy is going to have the canon mp560 very cheap on Black Friday. Now thats a good printer!

mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 8:25pm
post #5 of 9

Well dang it!!! Oh well, I guess I will just ahve to check Best Buy on Friday. Thanks you for the quick response.

ctirella Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 9

can u please tel me how hard is to change fro normal printer to a edible one? thanks

MissLisa Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 9

There's nothing to change as long as someone makes the edible ink cartridges. The cartridges insert just like regular ink cartridges but they are NOT made for all printers so you have to buy a printer that is compatible iwth the edible ink cartridges that are currently manufactured.

ctirella Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 9

what is the best place to buy ink good price?

icingimages Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 9

You cannot take a printer that has been used with non edibles and start using it with edibles, but if you take a new printer, you can use that. Also, ink prices are about the same everywhere. Quality and ink cartridge type and service do vary by company. The inks we sell are spongeless and use food grade plastics and I like to think they are the best...But obviously I am a little biased!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%