What Do You Do When You're Sick??

Decorating By fuchica2007 Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 6:34pm by bakingpw

fuchica2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fuchica2007 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 7

I'm supposed to be making a cake for my best friends birthday tomorrow, and also thanksgiving treats for thursday and a cake for my father in law on saturday. Any recommendations for baking while feeling under the weather?

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 7

Are we talking a cold or something like a virus?

If it is a virus, I'd skip the baking probably, mostly because they seem to wipe you out.

If it is a cold, then I'd wear gloves, wash your hands often, and you can even use a mask.

fuchica2007 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 7

Just a head cold... stuffy and tired.

traci_doodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci_doodle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 7

I've been wondering the same thing. Get better soon!

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 7

Ya just keep plugging away. It's miserable I know, I've been there done that. It's rough when you're a "one man show" and you get sick.

If the day ever comes that I have to call in dead, (and I'd have to be damn near dead vs. just sick) than I have some fantastic friends that would/could step in and take over in a pinch. All of them are about an hour away, but they would do it, as would I for them.

fuchica2007 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the encouragement MissLisa icon_smile.gif I defitiely would not miss out on doing my best friends bday cake, but I just wanted to make sure I won't be killing anyone lol. I dont have the flu or anything so I'm sure it'll be fine. It's going to be a long night, but it will be worth it icon_smile.gif

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 7

If you can, take your time. Prep and mix and then while it's baking and then cooling, rest. Making a plan and spreading it out will help you.

I was a "one woman show" in a retail bakery for 6 years. Every year during Holiday time from Nov - Dec. 31, I would Pray "Please God, let me make it through until January". Every year, I got sick in January. Many nights, days I worked while feeling under the weather. I washed my hands a LOT, wore gloves and prayed more!!

Feel better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%