Help Me Plan A Dessert

Baking By puzzlegut Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 4:47am by retaunton

puzzlegut Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:57am
post #1 of 5

I want to make a dessert for Thanksgiving but not sure what to make. I have a few ingredients at home and don't want to get anything additional. Besides having the basics (flour, sugar, eggs, etc), I have the following ingredients to work with:

peanut butter, sour cream, cocoa powder, cream cheese, butter, margarine, oats, crushed pineapple, chocolate chips, cake mix (vanilla and chocolate), nuts (pecans and walnuts).

I don't need to use all of these ingredients. Any suggestions?

4 replies
madgeowens Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:11am
post #2 of 5

chocolate peanutbutter cheese cake

caymancake Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

How about doctoring up a cake mix using the WASC method...and make an awesome cinnamon spice cake? Add your favourite spices and maybe sub out some of the white sugar with brown sugar? I love doing a spice cake wih brown sugar cinnamon cream cheese frosting...

Another thing you can try is doing a streusel coffee cake? Using the oats, nuts and butter and make a nice topping icon_smile.gif.

Hope that helps!!!

missydavis1976 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:26am
post #4 of 5

Chocolate truffles or cake truffles dipped in chocolate and then rolled in walnuts? I make chocolate truffles every year at Christmas and they are to die for! icon_smile.gif You just mix melted chocolate chips into cream cheese, cool until firm enough to roll into balls, and then dip in chocolate or roll in sprinkles, cocoa, nuts, or powdered sugar.

retaunton Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:47am
post #5 of 5

Do you have an angel food cake mix? If you mix a can of crushed pineapple with the cake mix and nothing else it makes a fabulous dessert that is not to sweet or heavy. Bake it in a 9 x 13 pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%