Vanilla Cake With Buttercream And Strawberries

Baking By Bean123 Updated 27 Nov 2010 , 2:09pm by -K8memphis

Bean123  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bean123 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:54am
post #1 of 5

I am making a vanilla cake with a vanilla buttercream filling, but I also want to put fresh strawberries in between the layers....my question is, what buttercream recipe do I use so its not too sweet? or is there a better filling recipe to use with fresh strawberries?

4 replies
 zespri  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:25am
post #2 of 5

I recently made this vanilla cake with strawberries:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1862735

The filling I used was a mix of marscapone, fresh cream, sugar and vanilla. It was very subtle and quite heavenly.

If you want the recipe let me know.

summerw18  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summerw18 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 4:50am
post #3 of 5

i would love the recipe for the vanilla cake and filling. What frosting did you use? thanks in advance

mimido  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:10am
post #4 of 5

Yummy !

-K8memphis  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 5

Oooh Zespri--you said marscapne mmmmmm

I just use whipped cream--slap a layer on the cake, imbed the strawberries down in there like a mosaic--cut small enough so the ensuing cake servings will slice nice--cutting the strawberries with the sharpest knife in the house so they weep the least--then another layer of whipped cream to seal it all in there.

Then I'll have juiced the whipped cream up with vanilla or Grand Marnier--I think you can call it chantilly cream with those additions so it sounds floofier.

Whipped cream is less expensive. Marscapone I think would be richer and have more flavor impact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%