Vanilla Cake With Buttercream And Strawberries

Baking By Bean123 Updated 27 Nov 2010 , 2:09pm by -K8memphis

Bean123 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:54am
post #1 of 5

I am making a vanilla cake with a vanilla buttercream filling, but I also want to put fresh strawberries in between the question is, what buttercream recipe do I use so its not too sweet? or is there a better filling recipe to use with fresh strawberries?

4 replies
zespri Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:25am
post #2 of 5

I recently made this vanilla cake with strawberries:

The filling I used was a mix of marscapone, fresh cream, sugar and vanilla. It was very subtle and quite heavenly.

If you want the recipe let me know.

summerw18 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 4:50am
post #3 of 5

i would love the recipe for the vanilla cake and filling. What frosting did you use? thanks in advance

mimido Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 5:10am
post #4 of 5

Yummy !

-K8memphis Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 5

Oooh Zespri--you said marscapne mmmmmm

I just use whipped cream--slap a layer on the cake, imbed the strawberries down in there like a mosaic--cut small enough so the ensuing cake servings will slice nice--cutting the strawberries with the sharpest knife in the house so they weep the least--then another layer of whipped cream to seal it all in there.

Then I'll have juiced the whipped cream up with vanilla or Grand Marnier--I think you can call it chantilly cream with those additions so it sounds floofier.

Whipped cream is less expensive. Marscapone I think would be richer and have more flavor impact.

Quote by @%username% on %date%