Minnie Mouse Hat

Decorating By MandaMoh3 Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm by MandaMoh3

MandaMoh3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandaMoh3 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #1 of 7

So I need to make a Minnie Mouse Hat similar to this, http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1184809 any suggestions on how to achieve this without making the hat a cake??

6 replies
 Sorelle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 7

I'd do the dome base of the hat in rkt and the ears from gumpaste/fondant blend shaped over a styrofoam ball. This is a cute little cake, think I'll try it for my niece's bday.

MandaMoh3 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks! But what is rkt?? icon_redface.gif

Sorelle  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

Rice Krispie treats icon_rolleyes.gif yum! I've found rkt are great to add to any cake so many people are on gluten free diets.

grandmomof1  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 7

I made mine out of the rice krispie treats too, then covered it in fondant. I even made the ears out of the rkt. I put three toothpicks in the bottom of the ears so I could push it into the top. Moisten the bottom of the ear to act as glue. That also helps keep them in place.

AmysCakesNCandies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 7

You could use gumpaste. I made a hat shape one by forming the gumpaste around a the inverted bottom small greased bowl

MandaMoh3 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 7

Boy do I feel silly!!! Lol!!! Thanks! RKT (Look how cool I am now that I actually know what that stands for icon_wink.gif ) would work great! That way it's completely edible! icon_smile.gif

Any tips on how to make the fondant smooth when putting it over rkt???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%