Minnie Mouse Hat

Decorating By MandaMoh3 Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm by MandaMoh3

MandaMoh3 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #1 of 7

So I need to make a Minnie Mouse Hat similar to this, http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1184809 any suggestions on how to achieve this without making the hat a cake??

6 replies
Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 7

I'd do the dome base of the hat in rkt and the ears from gumpaste/fondant blend shaped over a styrofoam ball. This is a cute little cake, think I'll try it for my niece's bday.

MandaMoh3 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks! But what is rkt?? icon_redface.gif

Sorelle Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

Rice Krispie treats icon_rolleyes.gif yum! I've found rkt are great to add to any cake so many people are on gluten free diets.

grandmomof1 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 7

I made mine out of the rice krispie treats too, then covered it in fondant. I even made the ears out of the rkt. I put three toothpicks in the bottom of the ears so I could push it into the top. Moisten the bottom of the ear to act as glue. That also helps keep them in place.

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 7

You could use gumpaste. I made a hat shape one by forming the gumpaste around a the inverted bottom small greased bowl

MandaMoh3 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 7

Boy do I feel silly!!! Lol!!! Thanks! RKT (Look how cool I am now that I actually know what that stands for icon_wink.gif ) would work great! That way it's completely edible! icon_smile.gif

Any tips on how to make the fondant smooth when putting it over rkt???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%