Lemon Cake With Raspberry Filling???

Decorating By mkerton Updated 23 Aug 2014 , 1:07pm by yortma

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 20

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like a good combo, I was going to do it for my Grandmother's b-day (she likes lemon) and my sister sounded like she didnt think it would be good........anyone tried it?

19 replies
SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 20

That is my best selling wedding cake. I do a lemon pound cake with a lemon sugar syrup and seedless raspberry preserves and white chocolate Italian Meringue Buttercream. It is soo good together!

mkerton Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 20

well I made a seedless raspberry filling (that I love in white cake, or chocolate) but I also thought it would be a good combo with the lemon cake...thanks for the vote of confidence...I am going to do it.

Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 20

I made a lemon cake with raspberry filling for visit to my cousin's house on New Year's Day. Everyone loved it.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 20

I've made this combo several times and it is excellent!!!

Do it and enjoy!!!

mkerton Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 20

yeah another vote in favor! Good!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 20

ok...and just how soon will you be sending me a YUMMY piece?

mkerton Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 20

Doug....I certainly would if I could....come on over to the snowy midwest and I will share!

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:26pm
post #9 of 20

Yes, this is definately a good combo I once made a lemon cake with a raspberry buttercream and raspberry filling and everyone LOVED it!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 9:42pm
post #10 of 20

I think Raspberry and lemon are a delicious combination of sweet and tart.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:31am
post #11 of 20

I've made this combo a few times and it always goes over well.

Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:39am
post #12 of 20

Its one of my favorites.I use a raspberry mousse I found here in CC.Its yummy and different.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:41am
post #13 of 20

This is a DEEE-LISH combo! Have never made it myself, BUT, a lady here has private dinners in her home and this is one of her specialties. OH YEAH!! SOOOOO GOOD! And now, I'll have my Gala Apple....like a GOOD little dieter! LOLL

Beth in KY

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:43am
post #14 of 20

I have never tried this combo, but it does sound delicious.. you know how rasberry has that sweet tangy taste, I think with lemon it would be scrumptious... even my hubby agrees icon_smile.gif I would love to try this combo and I think I might....

The_Parsons_Wife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Parsons_Wife Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:46am
post #15 of 20

This is a typical combination...be confident when making this cake. Blessings, Shawn <><

GingerMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GingerMom Posted 29 Apr 2014 , 1:12am
post #16 of 20

I'm new and looking for a cake with raspberry and lemon.  Is this just to discuss about cakes or where do I get the recipe?

Thanks for helping a newbie

sugarbaker71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbaker71 Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 7:30am
post #17 of 20

GingerMom~ I see that no one has responded to you. I hope you haven't left in frustration? You can always type something in the search bar and it will pull up everything with that keyword......galleries, recipes, forums etc. In your case, you would put lemon cake with raspberry filling in the search bar and then click on recipes on the left side of the page and the recipes should show up. Good luck!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 7:54am
post #18 of 20

AWell, I bet not many of the original participants are even around anymore considering the last response was left oh, only [B]seven[/B] years ago...lol.

[@]GingerMom[/@], just Google what you're looking for, and pay attention to the comments from people who follow the recipe as is, see how it turned out for them. Ignore comments that say the recipe is crap, when the person actually ignored the instructions, and and substituted necessary ingredients for what they wanted instead, but still get mad and blame the recipe. Yeah,that happens a [B]lot[/B].

GingerMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GingerMom Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 11:21am
post #19 of 20

Thanks for the reply, I keep looking, searching and trying :)

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 23 Aug 2014 , 1:07pm
post #20 of 20

There are lots of lemon cake recipes out there.  A simple but good lemon cake can be made as a variation of your favorite white cake.  Add some lemon zest and lemon oil (go easy on the oil it is strong) until you get it the taste you want.  I find lemon extract to be somewhat bitter and rarely use it.  

This is my favorite raspberry filling - I am using it this morning on a white wedding cake.

http://www.cakeboss.com/Cake-Stuff/Recipes/Raspberry-Filling

good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%