Bow Trouble!

Decorating By Buttercream_warrior Updated 24 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm by diane706

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 4

i have to make a cake for a quinicinera comming up..i know how to make bows but have no idea how some of yall put a bow in the middle of the cake witout it falling..i have to do a three tier and i usually put the bow sitting on the first tier in the middle of the cake..how can i make the bow be in the middle of the second tier without it falling?? should i put toothpicks?? and if i do how do i make it where it doesnt show?? any help would be awesome!! thanks

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 4

I rest the bottom edge on the tier below. I also make what amounts to a giant hairpin that goes over the bow and into the cake. That thing goes under the "wrap" that's the "knot."

cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 4

I make my bows with really thin gumpaste so they don't weigh a thing when they are dried and I glue them on with chocolate or gumpaste glue.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 4

Are you attaching it to a fondant covered cake or a cake iced in bc ?
If fondant, I would do what cakeville said with the addition of a coffee stirrer stuck into the back of the bow and stick it in to the cake. If your attaching it to the center of a bc iced cake, you'll have to get an opinion from someone other than me! thumbs_up.gif
It's so much easier when the bow can just rest on the tier below! The melted chocolate really works well though. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%