Bow Trouble!

Decorating By Buttercream_warrior Updated 24 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm by diane706

Buttercream_warrior Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 4

i have to make a cake for a quinicinera comming up..i know how to make bows but have no idea how some of yall put a bow in the middle of the cake witout it falling..i have to do a three tier and i usually put the bow sitting on the first tier in the middle of the can i make the bow be in the middle of the second tier without it falling?? should i put toothpicks?? and if i do how do i make it where it doesnt show?? any help would be awesome!! thanks

3 replies
leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 4

I rest the bottom edge on the tier below. I also make what amounts to a giant hairpin that goes over the bow and into the cake. That thing goes under the "wrap" that's the "knot."

cakeville82 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 4

I make my bows with really thin gumpaste so they don't weigh a thing when they are dried and I glue them on with chocolate or gumpaste glue.

diane706 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 4

Are you attaching it to a fondant covered cake or a cake iced in bc ?
If fondant, I would do what cakeville said with the addition of a coffee stirrer stuck into the back of the bow and stick it in to the cake. If your attaching it to the center of a bc iced cake, you'll have to get an opinion from someone other than me! thumbs_up.gif
It's so much easier when the bow can just rest on the tier below! The melted chocolate really works well though. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%