Cake Keeps Sticking To Bottom Of Pan!

Baking By Kim040508 Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm by graciesj

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 9

Please Help!!
Just recently my cakes are sticking to the bottom of the pan. I have never had a problem with this before and can't figure out why it's happening now. I have not changed my pans, spray, or baking times. I bake my cake, pull it out and let sit for 10 minutes and then shake the edges loose and flip onto a cooling rack. Any ideas for me? I am ruining way too many cakes!
Thanks in advance!

8 replies
jagvipers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jagvipers Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 9

I've been using a new vanilla cake recipe and it's really moist and I think that is why mine has been sticking too. So I just started putting parchment paper on the bottom.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 9

Parchment paper will stop this. Be gentle when taking it off just incase tho!
Could b something about ur oven has changed - if u have a thermometer, check it. Maybe more likely is that something about an ingrediant has changed.
xx

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 9

Mix one cup of oil, one cup of shortening and one cup of flower in your blender or mixer. keep it at room temp and apply it with a regular cheap paint brush works GREAT!!! i have that problem with ONE pan only i think it might have some scratches in it.
Make sure you get the cakes out of the pan no longer than 10 min after baking.

One other thing could be its not completely baked yet... when they are completely baked they should separate from the pan easily i take mine out of the pan as soon as they get out of the oven.
Good Luck

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 9

There was a thread on here recently about a homemade no-stick spread. It's equal parts shortening, flour and oil. Just blend it up and keep in an airtight container. Spread it on with a pastry brush. I don't usually have a sticking problem, but I think either this this spread or using parchment would prevent ANY sticking.

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you so much for your replies so far, I'll try anything right about now! icon_smile.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 9

You could use waxed paper too....grease your pans and put a circle of waxed paper, or parchment paper, cut to fit the pan size.....I cool my cakes and then remove the waxed paper with no problem....

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 9

I use the homemade cake release (equal parts shortening, oil and flour) but becuase I am paranoid and slightly Type A I sue waxed paper as well in the bottom. I then coat the waxed paper as well as the sides of the pan with the cake release. Probably overkill on my part but I have never had a cake stick yet.

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm
post #9 of 9

[quote="moranda"]I use the homemade cake release (equal parts shortening, oil and flour) but becuase I am paranoid and slightly Type A I sue waxed paper as well in the bottom. I then coat the waxed paper as well as the sides of the pan with the cake release. Probably overkill on my part but I have never had a cake stick yet.[/quote]

I do this too. I don't if it takes me longer, at least we'll know the cakes WONT stickicon_smile.gif))))

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%