Easy Bake Oven- Lightbulb Vs Microwave

Lounge By dc_honeybee Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 7:51pm by dc_honeybee

dc_honeybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dc_honeybee Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 4

Since we always bake together, I was thrilled when my niece asked for an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas. However, I headed to Toys R Us and found that there is now an original "nostalgic" light bulb version AND a microwave version.

Does anyone have the microwave one? I am curious how it compares and if the kids get the same experience/fun.

I know someone here has to have kids that bake!
THanks!

3 replies
BrandeR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandeR Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

We bought the light bulb one for my daughter last year. BIG waste of money for a kid that gets the chance to really bake IMHO. The real baking items (ie rolling pins, spatulas etc) in her size were a much better gift for her. She also uses them to pretend cook.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:33am
post #3 of 4

I can't answer your question but I thought I'd comment anyway. icon_smile.gif

Years ago we bought one for our daughter and found loads of recipes for it on the Internet. We made her a "book" to go with the oven so we didn't have to buy those expensive refill packages.

dc_honeybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dc_honeybee Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 4

I think I will go with the lightbulb one.

BrandeR- I also question using the lightbulb as useful, but I think it is a control thing since she isn't old enough to use the oven.

The new microwave set is very fondant -centered with a ton of impression mats and tools I might buy for myself. icon_lol.gif

cheatize- thanks for the tip on the recipes. I did a quick google search and now I can mix up some homemade mixers to give along with it.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%