Need Help With Display!!

Decorating By mommakabob Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 5:01pm by mommakabob

mommakabob Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 6

I'm doing 7 dozen cake pops for a HS Reunion. I bought a large cone shaped piece of styrofoam and a plate to rest it on. I plan on sticking the pops in the styrofoam. My question is, how to cover the styrofoam... should I use fabric? Paint it somehow? It needs to be blue...Can anyone help please???

5 replies
mommakabob Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 6

I'll take any ideas...

brincess_b Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

dont think paint will stick. is say fabric couldwork, although you would need to score little arks to get the pops in! just paper could work as well, plus you cna push the pops through it.
xx

vlk Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 6

Okay.. here is what I would do -

Buy a roll of the "krinkle" paper that you use for gift baskets in the blue, its the clear plastic paper, comes on a roll - you can find it in the gift bag section of Michael's.

cut out 3" squares (bigger or smaller depending on the depth of the sticks), krinkle and hot glue them to the styrofoam - keep filling until you have covered the whole piece with the blue paper - once the cake pops are placed in the styrofoam - the blue krinkle paper will not only give you the color you need, but will act as a filler to give the piece more "ump" and "bulk" and cover up any wholes - it will look like a blue tree with cake balls as decoration -

Hope that helps - and I explained my thoughts good?!?!

Vicki

LaurenLuLu Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

Marshmallow fondant?

mommakabob Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 5:01pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! I like all of your ideas, now I have to decide!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%