Monkeys [I]And[/i] Love Birds...

Decorating By iannelli66 Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 2:24pm by artscallion

iannelli66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iannelli66 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:05am
post #1 of 7

Hey Cake Godsicon_smile.gif You always have such great advice, thanks in advance for your helpicon_smile.gif I have a request for an engagement party to make a traditional tiered, elegant square cake with love birds on it.. but then somehwere on the cake, they would like a monkey, but don't want it to look out of place?? Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Iannelli66[/i]

6 replies
Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:27am
post #2 of 7

Sorry I have no advice but I did chuckle a bit when I read the words elegant, lovebirds, monkey & out of place for one cake icon_lol.gificon_twisted.gif Good Luck! This reply is in good fun!

iannelli66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iannelli66 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 7

@babs1964.. I too had to hold back a chuckle as they told me this request seriously.. Good to know I was not the only one a little perplexed by thisicon_smile.gif Thank you!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 7

Yeah, monkeys are sort of the antithesis of elegant. icon_confused.gif But here's an idea, FWIW...

Why not "camouflage" the monkey? I don't know what their colors are, but I could see the three square tiers, with a brown scrollwork design starting wider at the bottom tier and tapering to a point toward the top tier, with the monkey amid the bottom tier scrollwork. Of course, white lovebirds might be lost visually at the top, though. But maybe not.

Just a thought. (Yikes. Elegant monkey!)

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 7

you should totally mix the two and do the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz... hehe...

LaWmn223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaWmn223 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:13pm
post #6 of 7

What about something like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/CHINESE-CERAMIC-MONKEY-FIGURINE-W-BOWL-8-DECORATIVE-/120646421319?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17164b47
Make it look like ceramic and have the lovebirds on the side of the bowl like it is a small birdbath?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:24pm
post #7 of 7

Do a two tier cake with pillars. Do some gumpaste monkeys in the same color as the pillars (all white like they were statues) Pose them as part of the pillars like you'd see artistically posed angels or other figures on pillars. Or do like the ancient greeks, Egyptians and Romans did and actually use them as pillars in stately poses (with internal support...or maybe use regular support pillars and put fake, non-supporting monkey pillars in between the real pillars) ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%