How Do I? Gumpaste Rifle Or Gun?

Decorating By aracely30 Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 4:33pm by Kitty_Kakes

aracely30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aracely30 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:50am
post #1 of 4

Hello everybody! I'm making a scarface theme cake for a quiceanera or should I say qinceanero,because it's for a boy,and I was wondering if anybody knows How can I do a gun or a rifle?

I have and idea (sort of) on how to make this cake, I'm thinking money, I'm thinking maybe the picture of Al Pacino, and maybe some cigars,and I'm thinking that I must put a gun or a rifle and maybe a banner with the saying of "say hello to my little friend" as in the movie,

and I'm stuck with the gun/rifle making,can anybody can give a hint on how to do it whether may be of RKT or gumpaste? thank you so much in advance! Regards! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

I made a fondant handgun before. Cut the shape out of foamcore, several thicknesses, glued them together, then covered with a layer of gumpaste and added details while it was still soft.

aracely30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aracely30 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:30am
post #3 of 4

that is a great idea! and it seems easy to make! thank you so much Texas_Rose, I'm so excited to do this cake! regards! icon_smile.gif

Kitty_Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty_Kakes Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 4

I have made a rifle before using gumpaste and fondant mixed. It was for a hunting cake. It worked pretty well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%