Banana Cake

Baking By tamicat49 Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 7:01pm by Cake_whiz

tamicat49 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:41am
post #1 of 12

If i put bananas in a banana cake + 1 extra egg, do I need to leave out any liquid? Thanks.

11 replies
oliviasbakery Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 12

an egg wheigts about 50 gram - so I'd calculate the original relation between dry ingredients and liquid ... than you can easily calculate (rule of three) how much liquid there should be in with more bananas.
I mean that's what I guess icon_wink.gif
but in the other hand, maybe not the liquid is the thing to consider. more bakingpowder/soda is necessary to rise up the heavy banana?

tamicat49 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 12

ok but I forgot to say that I use box mixes. So do I need to lessen the liquid & if so, by how much?

Cake_whiz Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 9:10am
post #4 of 12

My mom uses a basic yellow cake mix from betty crocker and just adds mashed bananas to make it into a banana cake. She does not reduce the number of eggs and it looks and tastes fine.

Personally, I make my own banana cake and it's very easy. So, let me know if you want that recipe and I will gladly send it over icon_smile.gif

tamicat49 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 12

Thank you & I would love to have your recipe if you don't mind sharing.

Cake_whiz Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:33am
post #6 of 12

I am really sorry i did not post earlier. Things got very busy with thanksgiving and relatives coming over.

The recipe has been slightly modified from the the recipe in the betty crocker book. I love it!

2 1/2cups all purpose flour
1 1/2cups mashed ripe bananas (the bananas that go all dark and ugly work best...so, it is a perfect way to use them up...hehe)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cinnamon powder (use less if you don't like it too much)
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix all the iingredients until you have a smooth mixture. No creaming is necessary.
-Pour into greased/floured pans. The cake does rise quite a bit so i usually use two pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes .

There you go. Hope you like it icon_smile.gif

Cake_whiz Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 4:37am
post #7 of 12

I am really sorry i did not post earlier. Things got very busy with thanksgiving and relatives coming over.

The recipe has been slightly modified from the the recipe in the betty crocker book. I love it!

2 1/2cups all purpose flour
1 1/2cups mashed ripe bananas (the bananas that go all dark and ugly work best...so, it is a perfect way to use them up...hehe)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cinnamon powder (use less if you don't like it too much)
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix all the iingredients until you have a smooth mixture. No creaming is necessary.
-Pour into greased/floured pans. The cake does rise quite a bit so i usually use two pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes .

There you go. Hope you like it icon_smile.gif

tamicat49 Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 12

thanks a lot.

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 12

Cake_Whiz

That's 1 what on the cinnamon powder? The rest of the measurement didn't come through.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakegrandma Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:33pm
post #10 of 12

It should be 1 teaspoon as that is what is in most recipes. HTH
evelyn

4realLaLa Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:51pm
post #11 of 12

cakegrandma that recipe sounds yummy. I'm going to give it a try.

Cake_whiz Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 7:01pm
post #12 of 12

Oops...sorry. It is 1 teaspoon. Hehe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%