Ediple Image Pointers

Decorating By sugarandstuff Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 3:59am by cupadeecakes

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:11am
post #1 of 8

Hi all - I just got ink for my edible image printer (that has been sitting in the closet, never used for 5 years icon_wink.gif Does anyone have any pointers as far as what you use for templates? I am simply trying to come up with an example template that shows a sugar cookie with a baby Einstein picture on it and then add the text Happy Birthday, Grace (my intentions are not to make it for money - so please, no infringement lectures icon_wink.gif And I am getting no where. What software should I use and how.
Thanks!

7 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 8

Do you have any software that you use for creating cards crafts such as print master or american greetings? If so you can use one of them to make a template. For example I could go in and make a circle and make it hollow and then you can add anything that you want into the center. Most of the programs allow you to edit the photo that you import and make it into a circle. I hope that I am making myself clear. HTH

sugarandstuff Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:32am
post #3 of 8

I do not - I was trying to use Word and getting no where and adobe photoshop which I just do not know well enough to get anywhere except frustrated. I will check out the ones you mentioned - thank you!

memascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
memascakes Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:33am
post #4 of 8

There is a program called Edible Artist - it's free to download & use - check it out...

cakeandpartygirl Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:46am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandstuff

I do not - I was trying to use Word and getting no where and adobe photoshop which I just do not know well enough to get anywhere except frustrated. I will check out the ones you mentioned - thank you!

No wonder.... Word is not the most user friendly for creative work thumbsdown.gif

sugarandstuff Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:55am
post #6 of 8

So the Print Master one looks awesome - it's on sale for 29.00 - so would this also be useful if I wanted to make cute goodie bag labels and gift tags or the cupcake toppers on a tooth pick? I just saw all these awesome "party pack" printables for theme parties and would love to be able to make them to coordinate with my cakes. It looks as though I missed the whole "digital scrapbooking" movement - lol!

cakeandpartygirl Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:34am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandstuff

So the Print Master one looks awesome - it's on sale for 29.00 - so would this also be useful if I wanted to make cute goodie bag labels and gift tags or the cupcake toppers on a tooth pick? I just saw all these awesome "party pack" printables for theme parties and would love to be able to make them to coordinate with my cakes. It looks as though I missed the whole "digital scrapbooking" movement - lol!

Most definitely!!! I use printmaster all of the time!!! thumbs_up.gif

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 3:59am
post #8 of 8

I know not everyone has MS Office, but I use Powerpoint ALL the time for my edible images. The default slide size is just right to miss the backing edges. I can manipulate the graphics pretty well too. Microsoft even has a great clip art site if you don't have exactly the image you are looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%