Flying Fairies!!!!!

Decorating By scorpio711 Updated 21 Nov 2010 , 10:51pm by icer101

scorpio711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scorpio711 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 9

I have been asked to do a toadstool cake with fairies. Like the one I have already done. But the customer wants fairies on wires in what we call here an explosion. coming out of the top of the toadstool. Please any ideas on what to do, it has to be something light for the wire to hold them up. Thought someone out there has a brilliant idea ???? or has seen something on the web, your input would be much appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 9

Maybe use marshmallow for the fairy head & body and use pate choux for the wings? Maybe a piece of netting to make the fairy skirt? Get a little magic wand action going on?

Just a brainstorm type thought for you.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 9

Do the flying faries have to be edible? If not you could use a new sculpey product that is very light. It's a polymer clay.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 9

You could make make small flat/2D fairies. Is there a requirement that they not be flat?

MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 9

Do the fairies have to be edible?
If not, then why not have a look on ebay for some from the craft section. That's what I did for my fairy castle cake. I got mine from ebay from a cardmaking seller, and just glued them on the ends of wires that I got from cake decorating supplier. I think they were around £2.49 including postage.
There's a picture or two of them in my gallery. They made a nice keepsake for my friend's daughter too.
Your toadstool cake is gorgeous by the way!

scorpio711 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:46pm
post #6 of 9

She wants them edible, I quite like the marshmallow idea, if not she is going to get 2D ones maybe cutouts like for decoupage, I have all my Christmas cakes to do and 2 other birthday cakes, and a golden anniversary cake. The toadstool cake its self is not a problem have made most of the things, and they are ready. I just don't want to be spending so much time worrying about the flying fairies. Why is it that people see a cake you have done want it and then try to design it further. Rant over

scorpio711 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone for your ideas. Thank you MamaD77 you have hit the nail on the head. I know exactly what you mean you can get some gorgeous things in the card making dept. Thank you all so much

MamaD77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaD77 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 9

Glad to help! Good luck with them, you sound like a very busy lady at the mo!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%