Do You Believe This? Cake In The Mail

Decorating By heathandhail Updated 26 Nov 2010 , 1:49am by noahsmummy

heathandhail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathandhail Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 9

http://www.npr.org/blogs/pictureshow/2010/11/18/131411700/youvegotmail?f=1001&sc=tw

Sorry if this has been posted before, but apparently this person has been mailing cakes to her sister for 10 years? Crazy!!!

8 replies
silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 9

First, I would love to know how far those cakes travel and still manage to be upright and looking decent.

Second, why do people put quotes around the birthday person's name? Happy Birthday "Taylor"? Is that not his real name? Is he a spy or something and they don't want to give away his real identity? It really irks me when I see that on cakes.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 9

Ive sent cakes to my family before also in the mail. For the most part they make it fine with little damage. But Ive also sent cake samples to brides in other states and they called it a cake tornado! when they got open the package!!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 9

I live in MD and have mailed 4" round cakes to my Grandsons in FL. They have always arrived in pretty good shape. I think one had the edible image stuck to the plastic wrap, but my daughter was able to get it back on top of the cake. It wasn't perfect, but the boys loved it. I used small plastic containers like they use on the salad bars in the grocery stores to package the cakes and put bubble wrap around the outside of that to keep the cake from moving too much in the outer box.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdragon997

First, I would love to know how far those cakes travel and still manage to be upright and looking decent.

Second, why do people put quotes around the birthday person's name? Happy Birthday "Taylor"? Is that not his real name? Is he a spy or something and they don't want to give away his real identity? It really irks me when I see that on cakes.

"lol"............. icon_lol.gif

Too funny Silverdragon!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:29pm
post #7 of 9

Huh, so miracles do happen! I thought the photo might have been photoshopped or something. Amazing that it still looks decent.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 9

I mail cakes too... even to Germany. They all get there with very minimal damage as well. Of course mine are well wrapped and secured in a sealed box. Not like the cake in picture the OP attached.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 1:49am
post #9 of 9

so it is possible....

im going to attempt this in a week or so. im hoping the cakes survive! i read somewhere that if you freeze the cakes after they are iced and then send them they will arrive fresher.. hmmm. wish me luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%