Jazzed Up Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake Ideas?

Baking By SweetKath Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 1:06am by nannykaren

SweetKath Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 11

I'm trying to finalize my Thanksgiving dessert menu. So far, I have pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, lemon meringue pie and a pineapple lush cake. I have at least two people who won't touch any of these! Of course, others will eat all of them! LOL! Anyhow ....

Both like peanut butter and milk chocolate so I am thinking about cupcakes. I can do a milk chocolate WASC for the cake portion with a peanut butter filling. I see several fillings with good reviews in the recipe section so I'll select one of them (if you have a favorite let me know). I'm stumped on the frosting - Would you do more chocolate or peanut butter? Something else?

Thanks - Kathie

10 replies
moranda Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 11

I am of the school of thought that one can never have too much chocolate, so I would go with a chocolate frosting and decorate with chopped peanuts.

nonilm Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 11

Why not both chocolate and PB? In my photos I have Chocolate cupcakes that I filled with PB Buttercream Dream (recipe on CC) and then I used chocolate and PB buttercream both for frosting!

SweetKath Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonilm

Why not both chocolate and PB? In my photos I have Chocolate cupcakes that I filled with PB Buttercream Dream (recipe on CC) and then I used chocolate and PB buttercream both for frosting!

Those are perfect! Would you mind sharing your chocolate and PB buttercream recipes? What did you use for molds, etc? Same or different recipe?

tastyart Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:34pm
post #5 of 11

I made some chocolate cupcakes with peanutbutter frosting recently. I decorated with oak leaves made of modeling chocolate. Here's a link http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1841000 The frosting was so fluffy and peanutty. Yum.

neelycharmed Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 11

After reading this, I sooo want a PB & chocolate cupcake. icon_smile.gif
You can never have too many recipes when it comes to PB and chocolate thumbs_up.gif
Jodi

Kamstor Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:52pm
post #7 of 11

Tastyart,

I loved those cupcakes. Could you please tell me what tip you used to decorate your cakes and your technique. A customer would like that piping of frosting for her wedding cakes.

Thank You

nonilm Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:57pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetKath

Quote:

Those are perfect! Would you mind sharing your chocolate and PB buttercream recipes? What did you use for molds, etc? Same or different recipe?

Thank you. Nothing special with the recipe...I use Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake mix for the cupcakes. Peanut butter dream buttercream frosting recipe from cake central (followed the direction exactly - beating for the 3 minutes is essential) This recipe is wonderful!
http://cakecentral.com/recipes.....uttercream

I used the cupcake filler tip to fill the cupcakes with some of the PB buttercream, then a swirl of PB buttercream and a swirl of chocolate buttercream (using the 1M tip).

The chocolates on top were made using a wilton chocolate mold with PB flavored chocolate candy melts.

A great mix of PB and chocolate. These were definitely a hit!

tastyart Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 11

Kamstor,
I used the wilton 2D tip for the frosting.

SweetKath Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 12:13am
post #10 of 11
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetKath

Quote:

Thank you. Nothing special with the recipe...I use Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake mix for the cupcakes. Peanut butter dream buttercream frosting recipe from cake central (followed the direction exactly - beating for the 3 minutes is essential) This recipe is wonderful!
http://cakecentral.com/recipes.....uttercream

I used the cupcake filler tip to fill the cupcakes with some of the PB buttercream, then a swirl of PB buttercream and a swirl of chocolate buttercream (using the 1M tip).

The chocolates on top were made using a wilton chocolate mold with PB flavored chocolate candy melts.

A great mix of PB and chocolate. These were definitely a hit!

Thank you nonilm! These are now on the menu. If they are a hit then they will become permanent!

Thank you to everyone who responded. I knew I could count on you!

nannykaren Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:06am
post #11 of 11

Here is a recipe I got from www.allrecipes.com

PEANUT BUTTER CUP CUPCAKES

1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt