Modeling Chocolate Vs. Gumpaste

Decorating By maeve Updated 21 Nov 2010 , 1:33am by costumeczar

maeve Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 12:21am
post #1 of 2

Please help this newbee out! I need a list of pros vs. cons for modeling chocolate vs. gumpaste. Thanks to whoever answers.

1 reply
costumeczar Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 2

Modelling chocolate: Pros are that it keeps the shape faster, you can work it longer without it drying out, it keeps the imprints when you press designs into it, and it's easy to make fast flowers with it. Cons are that it doesn't necessarily work well in hotter weather, or if you have really hot hands, and you can't get the peatls on flowers quite as thin as you can with gumpaste.

Gumpaste: Pros are that it makes realistically thin petals on flowers, you can dry thin pieces harder than modelling chocolate so they can be three-dimensional, and it works better in hot weather. Cons are that it dries hard and can't be manipulated after the fact like modelling chocolate can.

I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there are more points to consider. I've done a few articles on this subject on my blog so if you go there and look at the topic index you can find some more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%