Ways To Add Quote To Cake

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 11:31pm by KJ62798

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 4

I'm stumped. Still working on a 6" round cake for my friend. I have a fondant dog, squirrel and tree to fit on the top of the cake, along with an outline of a cat (sounds really strange - sorry - it's for a Christmas Vacation movie themed cake), and I'm going to put Christmas lights on the side of the cake. I also need to add a quote from the movie . . . somewhere. I'm stumped on how to put it on the cake.

I don't know if I will have room to pipe it on the top. I could pipe it on a piece of gumpaste, but I don't know how to integrate it into the design and not have it look like a weird yard-sign. How have you added quotes to cakes in the past?

3 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 4

How are you making the lights for the side of the cake? I've seen a font where the letters are inside the bulbs.

OR

You could write the quote on the side of the cake in green icing and a super loopy style that made it look like the writing is the green cord of the Christmas lights. Work a few of the lights in amidst the quote and then carry to cord around the cake w/bulbs attached.

HTH
Kristy

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitsnack

I'm using these for lights:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/lights-sugar-decorations

I think those would work. You could pipe the "cord" for the lights & write the message as if it were the cord looping upon itself.

K

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%