Streuselkuchen Crumb Cake Recipe?

Baking By cha-cha-cha Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 3:57pm by cakegrandma

cha-cha-cha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cha-cha-cha Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I'm on a hunt for a a Streuselkuchen recipe that uses cake crumbs instead of the flour/brown sugar mixture. I saw it on the cake boss and heard the recipe was in a book they published but I don't know what it is called and didn't even know he had a book out!! Does anyone know the recipe for making crumb cake with real cake crumbs? icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 8

Can't help you with the Streuselkuchen recipe but the name of Buddy's book is Cake Boss: Stories & Recipes from Mia Famiglia. I have it on my wish list. I know it has his cannoli recipe in it and I am hoping it has his tiramisu recipe in it. It looked fabulous when he made it on his show.

cha-cha-cha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cha-cha-cha Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 12:57am
post #3 of 8

okay thanks! I am going to search for it... so far none of the bookstores have it around here tho icon_sad.gif I would LOVE to try the canollis also!!!!

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of 8

ellie, i have a great tiramisu recipe if ur looking for one

Ellie1985 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 2:56am
post #5 of 8

Thanks mommynana I would LOVE your tiramisu recipe. That's the great thing about this site. They is always someone
willing to help. Can you PM it to me? Thanks again.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 12:45am
post #6 of 8

ellie,promis i will PM it to soon as i get a chance to look for it haven`t made it in a long time

Ellie1985 Posted 27 Nov 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 8

No rush, thanks again!!!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 8

I have the book and I just sent you the recipes for the topping and the cake. Let us know how it is.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%