Do Not Add Flavouring The Next Day To Imbc Frosting

Decorating By sewsugarqueen Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm by Misdawn

sewsugarqueen Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 6

Just in the middle of a baby shower disaster. I made IMBC last night and let sit in fridge to frost today. Decided it didn't have enough vanilla taste so I would add 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Let frosting warm up then added vanilla and whipped and whipped and whipped but the vanilla wouldn't incorporate into the frosting. It has wet spots all over. I've decided to fill middle of cake with it because it tastes great and try to use it as a crumb coat ( An expensive one!) Well attempting to frost with it is a disaster. When I try to add more frosting to sides and smooth out it won't stick. There are liquid spots all over ( the vanilla I assume) Luckily it is for a relative so I sure hope the decorating frosting for design ( It's Wilton's baby buggy) will stick to this other frosting. Any suggestions? To top it off I stacked one baby buggy cake on top of other because it looked so thin. My biggest worry is I will decorate the cake and find all the frosting has slide off a few hours later. icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

5 replies
planetsomsom Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 6

That's really weird. I've added all sorts of stuff to imbc before and never had that happen. Was it actual butter you used? I'm only asking because something like say... vegetable shortening isn't exactly water soluble (which is why you should never eat it LOL... yuck).

KoryAK Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah, can you share the recipe? I have NEVER had that issue either!

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 6

Wow, I've never heard of that happening; but I've also never tried it with IMBC. I hope you come back and post the ingredients in your recipe so that we can further assist you.

BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 6

Huh?

Misdawn Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 6

ok In one of my books ( I thinks it's by Elisa Strauss) the recipe says that once you refrigerate it, take 1/3 of the recipe and microwave it just until warm to the touch. Then mix it back into the rest of your frosting. You might try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%