Lounge By cakesbycathy Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 3:54pm by DefyGravity

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 23
22 replies
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 23

icon_eek.gif Aw man! I'd rather watch 10 hrs of Duff that 2 episodes of that other guy from Jersey. (I know his name, I choose not to say it.) icon_cry.gif

I hope they do come back with something for Duff. I love his laugh!! icon_lol.gif

Just checked the CCC website. No mention over there. Let's hope it's just a rumour. tapedshut.gif

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 23

Aw, that bums me out if it is true. I don't watch cake shows like I used to, but Cake Boss drives me insane. I can't stand the manufactured drama. If I do watch a cake show, it is always Ace of Cakes. I too love Duff's laugh. It's infectious.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 23

I hope this isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised. I would love to see it done a little more like they did it in the beginning where we got to see more of the cakes and techniques themselves.

Only one time in my life did I write to a tv station and that was the food network when they first fired Robert Irvine from Dinner Impossible. I wrote and complained, and was thrilled when he was back a year later.

I wonder how many letters they'd get if this is scheduled to go off.....

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 23

Too bad the DeLorean wasn't airbrushed silver metallic (none of the cars left the factory with paint--only brushed stainless steel), so I'm not impressed with a white car!

Here's the cake:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/gallery/2010/oct/28/back-to-the-future-25th

The event was held on 10/26/2010, the day after the Back to the Future movie was originally released 25 years ago (in 1985), although the DeLorean's 25th anniversary was 2006 (manufactured during 1981, '82, & '83).

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 23

I dont understand it. If a show is doing good and has a following, why do they insist on craming crap we dont want to watch down our throats??? Yesterday I found out one of my favorite shows' Medium is going to be cancelled as well. I guess in the long run we wont watch tv and can spend our money elsewhere instead of cable bills!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 23

At least Cake Boss employees don't have peeling nail polish and stringy hair all over the place. Ace of Cakes just doesn't look very clean to me. Not to mention 50% of the cake isn't cake.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #8 of 23

I found that once a show gets a following, they smother you with it until you don't like it anymore.
I loved AOC at first, then it was less and less about cakes..
and the drama on CB is just too much..
Now, that said, Fab.Cakes season 2 starts this week, and I really like that show, so hopefully that doesn't change anytime soon.
Jodi icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #9 of 23

The drama on CB isn't for TV. That's how big Italian familes are, very loud and everyone try to get the last word.

elliegails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliegails Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 12:39am
post #10 of 23

I like both shows, and would miss Ace of Cakes. I don't watch them every week, but it's nice to have an option other than crime shows.

MollyGirl_17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyGirl_17 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 10:40am
post #11 of 23

I used to watch it all the time, but got dismayed when every cake turned into half welded supports, half modeling chocolate and GOK what else except for cake. I wonder if he's the one pulling the plug? Lord knows I would be w/ cameras following me around all day at work!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 23

Fox news just announced that because of the popularity of Duff, there are works to develop another show for him.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 4:51pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Fox news just announced that because of the popularity of Duff, there are works to develop another show for him.

That is so good to hear.....

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:00pm
post #14 of 23

icon_confused.gif Hmmmm....I have mixed feelings about this. Wasn't a huge fan, but did enjoy some aspects of the show.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 9:42pm
post #15 of 23

This makes me sad, I am a huge fan and will miss the show! icon_cry.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:05am
post #16 of 23

no loss to the caking community IMO.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:14pm
post #17 of 23

no loss to me. It's the ony cake show I didn't watch. Sometimes I muted the sound on Cake Boss but at least they show more about how a cake is constructed.

UberSpoonyG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UberSpoonyG Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 4:12pm
post #18 of 23

I loved watching ace of cakes but was dismayed that he didn't have Airbrushed cakes of the detail that I make(so no big loss there). I am stunned that I can find virtual no one airbrushing cakes with the type of high detail that I do. In my small town I get beautiful jobs that I airbrush on location and clients love them. I just cant figure it out! Come on world..there are fantastic Cake Artist of all kinds out here.Its ashame that the world cant find us....signed Frustrated Cake Airbrusher...dismayed and downcast. icon_sad.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 5:13pm
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSpoonyG

I am stunned that I can find virtual no one airbrushing cakes with the type of high detail that I do.

Not everyone has the type of artistic talent and skill that you possess, but you are not alone! I wish I could find one artist in particular that does similar cakes that I've seen before to post a link for you, but I'm not finding it. (I recall airbrushed landscapes, horse landscapes, underwater scenes with dolphins and/or orca whales, and perhaps a Yoda or other Star Wars characters.)

Highland Bakery did this airbrushed cake:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://anatomyofadinnerparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/10DolphinCake.jpg&imgrefurl=http://anatomyofadinnerparty.com/2010/10/19/aqua-vino/&usg=__XEI8u3I0QeDbr79FbKQAkYF9utI=&h=330&w=499&sz=70&hl=en&start=10&zoom=1&tbnid=gTnGin3JZbxexM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=167&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddolphin%2Bairbrushed%2Bcake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D941%26bih%3D560%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C295&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=301&vpy=257&dur=8342&hovh=182&hovw=276&tx=139&ty=81&ei=0Sz1TPfdNicon_eek.gifSnwf3sciHCg&oei=qSz1TJfXAdCTnQeJzr2-Bw&esq=10&page=2&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:10&biw=941&bih=560

(I hope the link works.) It is a rarity that I don't believe you'll find "exclusively" produced. Thanks for sharing your talents!

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:31pm
post #20 of 23

Wow Spoony, your cakes are Gorgeous! I just bought an airbrush system (it hasn't arrived yet) and have never used an airbrush before....do you recommend any particular books or DVDs?

Thanks for putting all those tutorials in your blog...I'm sure I'll be referring to it often. Love the Obama tshirt too!

UberSpoonyG Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:14am
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

At least employees don't have peeling nail polish and stringy hair all over the place. Ace of Cakes just doesn't look very clean to me. Not to mention 50% of the cake isn't cake.

I agree, and as a aspiring Airbrush Cake Artist that does High detail work, I was pretty surprised about his Hygine...after watching him a bit I decided to clean my act up majorly and now only work in custom Airbrushed Chef smocks and caps that I design myself....unfortunately after i made my first couple youtube vidieos....but I became wiser....better sooner then never.

UberSpoonyG Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 2:33am
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSpoonyG

I am stunned that I can find virtual no one airbrushing cakes with the type of high detail that I do.

Not everyone has the type of artistic talent and skill that you possess, but you are not alone! I wish I could find one artist in particular that does similar cakes that I've seen before to post a link for you, but I'm not finding it. (I recall airbrushed landscapes, horse landscapes, underwater scenes with dolphins and/or orca whales, and perhaps a Yoda or other Star Wars characters.) Wow! Thank you so much CWR41 for the reference and the compliment, my spirits are rising again thanks to you...I was snubbed by ace of cakes when i sent them some of my pictures High Detailed Airbrushed Cakes and compliments I gave them I dont claim to be the best but I love doing them...a colaboration with me would have been quite a cake I feel for duff...I like his Airbrush Artist but she lacks a little TRUE Airbrushing skills. Still, I loved his work..got to give him his kudo's. P.S. Highland bakery rocks!! thank you.

Highland Bakery did this airbrushed cake:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://anatomyofadinnerparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/10DolphinCake.jpg&imgrefurl=http://anatomyofadinnerparty.com/2010/10/19/aqua-vino/&usg=__XEI8u3I0QeDbr79FbKQAkYF9utI=&h=330&w=499&sz=70&hl=en&start=10&zoom=1&tbnid=gTnGin3JZbxexM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=167&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddolphin%2Bairbrushed%2Bcake%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D941%26bih%3D560%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C295&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=301&vpy=257&dur=8342&hovh=182&hovw=276&tx=139&ty=81&ei=0Sz1TPfdNicon_eek.gifSnwf3sciHCg&oei=qSz1TJfXAdCTnQeJzr2-Bw&esq=10&page=2&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:10&biw=941&bih=560

(I hope the link works.) It is a rarity that I don't believe you'll find "exclusively" produced. Thanks for sharing your talents!

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 1 Dec 2010 , 3:54pm
post #23 of 23

I haven't watched it in a couple years anyway, so I'm not really heartbroken about this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%