Daughter Has Terrible Flu: Freeze Her Cake Filled With Smbc?

Decorating By ladyk333 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 9:27pm by ladyk333

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 5

DISASTER! My poor daughter has been up since 3 am vomiting every 20 minutes or so - today is her real birthday, and we have now postponed her party (of course!).

Cake question - I had gone to bed after torting, filling and crumb - coating her cake tiers with SMBC. Can I freeze them now to cover with fondant later when we can celebrate with her? Will the SMBC have a weird texture? I have frozen leftover SMBC before, but always let it come to room temp and re - whip it before using it. Advice?

Thanks everyone!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 5

I freeze my filled cakes all the time to order--just for maybe two days max. Should be fine even a littel longer though. I wrap mine several times.

So sorry she's so sick!!! Baby sugar!!!
Hope she's better real real soon!!!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 5

I had to do this just this past month for the same reason, my son came down with the stomach flu. Party postponed (good thing cause the rest of the kids came down with it too). I had the cake completely buttercreamed, but not decorated. I sealed it really well and froze it till the next weekend. It came out just as good. I used SMBC too.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 5

Poor baby! There is definitely a stomach bug going around, both of my parents had it this week. Hope she feels better soon!

I think your cake will be absolutely fine. Just wrap it well. icon_biggrin.gif

ladyk333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyk333 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks to each of you! Glad I can freeze them - I'd like my sweetie to be able to enjoy them at some point!

Darn flu bug! icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%