What's The Best Make Of Food Colouring That You Use?

Decorating By slean Updated 21 Nov 2010 , 4:57pm by sugar_britches

slean Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:24pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys, after spending hours and hours on here looking at all the fantastic work, I've come to the conclusion that the colour range available in the U.K sucks! So I would like to know the best range of vibrant colours I could order from the U.S or wherever.
Cheers

9 replies
sugar_britches Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 10

I have the variety pack of liqua-gel colors from Chefmaster and I love it. But i'm curious what everyone ls uses.

tiggy2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 10

My preference is Chefmaster Liqua Gel. It's very concentrated so it takes very little. You can get red and black without letting it sit over night to intensify.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 10

I've never tried it, but many in my caking circle love Americolors. Very concentrated - black looks like black not sickly grey; red looks intense. I'm thinking of ordering some for Xmas baking. Beats the Wilton stuff by far.

tiggy2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 10

Americolor has to sit overnight or for several hours to intensify. It's not nearly as concentrated as chefmaster. Chefmaster will give you intense color immediately!

Caths_Cakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 10

i have to disagree with you on that one slean . . I love my little pots of sugarflair gel icon_biggrin.gif

I also have the Americolor airbrush colours, i got the neon ones as there really vibrant, fun for kids cakes icon_smile.gif

karabeal Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 9:58pm
post #7 of 10

For those who've used Chefmaster (I haven't yet, but just put it on my Christmas list), does their "Red" have a bitter taste? Can you get away with using so little that the taste of the final product isn't affected too much?

tiggy2 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 10:13pm
post #8 of 10

Chefmaster does not have a bitter taste.

slean Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 10

I find the sugarflair colours a bit limited, I wanted a vivid turquoise, I'm quite happy with their reds and black. Where did you get your americolor from Cath?

sugar_britches Posted 21 Nov 2010 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 10

i havent noticed a bitter taste with chefmaster reds. But have with the black. If you use too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%