I'm Finally Back!!!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 23 Nov 2010 , 5:07am by mareg

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 5

What a difference 6 months can make. Last May I decided to close my daycare after 25 years and take a job doing cakes for a new business in town. I was so excited, they remodeled an old school building built in the early 1900's and put in a restaurant, boutique/salon, and floral shop. They asked me to join their endeavor and I was thrilled. Well.....that was short lived, it turned out, they didn't put much thought into my position, because they expected me to bake my cakes in pizza ovens. Have you ever tried to bake a cake in a pizza oven.....crazy!!!! There was no place for me to decorate, bake or do anything with my cakes, as they had originally led me to believe. The first day, I burnt the first 5 cakes, I was so frustrated, I was in tears, and told them I would finish the orders at my house.....Fast forward, I quit after 30 days and vowed to never do a cake again!! That's how burnt out I was AND Frustrated. I took another 30 days and did nothing...Then I took a job in our local Chamber of Commerce as an Administrative Assistant, where I presently am employed. I have turned down so many cake orders, it's crazy!!! Finally, I have the desire to return to cake decorating!! I haven't been on CC forever!! I have really missed my old friend. Anyway, I have taken a couple of wedding cake orders and hope to rekindle my love for caking. Just thought I would stop in and say Hi, to all of you...in case you wondered where I was! LOL! Some things never change, this is still a great place to be!!!

4 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 5

You should still do cakes....your cakes are amazing! I wish I was half as good as you. Don't give up and welcome back!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 5

I'm glad that your shoulda been sweet adventure is over and behind you--sorry it din go well. It's not easy to take your show 'on the road'.

Wonderful that you found a new position!

And you can still pop out cool cakes anytime you want.

(((big hug)))

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 5

Thank You guys,I really appreciate your kind words!!! I am excited to do some cakes again, finally!! Besides, it gives me an excuse to buy more tools!! LOL!! My husband won't appreciate it though!!!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 5:07am
post #5 of 5

Welcome back!!! Your cakes are wonderful!! Sounds like you needed a serious break for a bit. Post a picture!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%